SewingPatterns.com

Posted:

Order never processed, no customer service response

Marina del Rey, California
Phone: 310-305-8050
sewingpatterns.com
This company is supposed to be the US distributor for Burda patterns. I placed an order through Burda's website for several printed patterns. The confirmation email stated the order would be fulfilled through SewingPatterns.com, that they would email me with an order total that included shipping, and that inquiries regarding the order should be directed to info@sewingpatterns.com. Since I placed the order on 10/14, I have received nothing further. Sewingpatterns.com does not provide a phone number on their website, but I was able to find a valid one via a little web-sleuthing.

I have emailed info@sewingpatterns.com three times, and left 2 voice mail messages with absolutely no response. Thankfully my credit card has yet to be charged so I'm not out any money (yet), but I'm disappointed at the complete lack of responsiveness and the inability to find out what's happening with my "potential" order.
Complaint comments Comments (21)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Other

Comments

N  5th of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes
We apologize that you have not received your order. Unfortunately, Burda has been experiencing some fulfillment delays that have effected some orders. Please email me directly at Info@sewingpatterns.com - to my attention "MARGOT, Please help with Burda Order" and I will get back to you immediatley.

Margot
A  27th of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
The same thing happened to me, how annoying! I bought a Perfect Fit pattern where I had to take and submit 27 measurements to get a custom pattern made. I turned in my measurements, weeks went by and I never heard a thing. I don't see their phone number anywhere on the site so I emailed them and got a response from someone by the name of Anne who said she would check to see if it got processed. NEVER heard back that three weeks ago. I emailed her two more times asking what's the status. No word.

What terrible customer service... and the site is so user friendly. Don't waste your time!
A  28th of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
I placed an order on July 11th and have yet to receive anything other than an email order confirmation. I sent an email to info@sewingpatterns.com and haven't heard anything! They people should have to go out of business and close their doors. Despicable.
A  25th of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes
I have had similar experiences with them. Most recently, after 1 month I have not received an order and can't get a response from them. How are they still in business?
A  17th of Dec, 2009 by    +1 Votes
I've sent 4 emails in the past 3 weeks to them over not receiving my order and called them today. Thank god for the phone number that was posted on here because they don't list one on their website. I've never gotten one response from any of my emails to info@sewingpatterns.com nor did I receive a call back. Kind of funny too is that when you call, you have all these options to get through to different departments, but NONE of the departments has anyone to answer your call???? I realize companies are busy, but come on!! They have it set that way on purpose so they don't have to answer your call. I'm turning them into the Better Business Bureau and any other online consumer help company I can find until I get my money back or get my damn order!!!
A  16th of Feb, 2010 by    +1 Votes
I've just sent 2 emails and left 2 phone messages to sewingpatterns.com to try to find out where my order is that was place nearly 4 weeks ago. No response! This has happened once before and I finally got a refund after opening a paypal dispute. Thought I'd give them another chance because their website is so user friendly and convenient to shop at home! Never again! How can a company have such bad customer service and still be in business/advertising? They should be banned by paypal given all the disputes that must be opened involving them. DON'T USE SEWINGPATTERNS.COM!
A  21st of May, 2010 by    0 Votes
I have waited nearly a month for my list of sewing patterns which I spent about $100 on. They have not returned any of my emails- Given all the complaints they have generated, these crooks should be shut down- don't be sucked into their 'sales', patterns of such cheap prices because they don't deliver.

Their phone number is: (310) 305- 8050. If you live outside the USA you need the prefix number at the front.

I will try and seek a refund through Pay pal.
A  28th of Jul, 2010 by    0 Votes
Same experience. Very bad company. I ordered 3 patterns on May 1 2010. I waited 30 days and nothing came. I emailed them and they wrote back that the Hot Pattern dress pattern I ordered was out of stock and they were holding the others until they could sent it. I did not receive an email from them saying the pattern was out of stock or when I purchased it..it said it was available on their website. They reluctantly sent out the 2 patterns which I received 2 weeks later. One could walk it from California to Maine faster. Still no hot pattern. I contacted Hot Patterns directly and they were wonderful. They contacted sewing patterns and were very angry with their service. They said they told sewing patterns they had the pattern in stock and they would send it to me directly. They sent emails and kept me informed unlike sewing patterns. My Hot Patterns dress pattern arrived 2 days later from Hot Patterns. They sent it priority mail for free. Today, July 28, 2010...3 months later, I opened my mailbox to find an envelope from sewing patterns that I know is the hot [Pattern dress. I am not opening it. I have to check my bank statements to see if they billed me. I thank you for the phone number but I too found no one at any extension. THEY ARE A VERY BAD COMPANY. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH SEWINGPATTERNS.COM. Go to the actual designer site. Hot Patterns was fabulous to deal with.
N  3rd of Sep, 2010 by    0 Votes

SewingPatterns.com - Purchased Item not received and NO Communication!
2518 Lincoln Blvd
Marina del Rey
Phone: 8185390127
sewingpatterns.com

I also wish I had read the complaints on this board before purchasing an item through sewingpatterns.com (I will be bookmarking this site for future checks before I make purchases anywhere!!)

I am in Australia and found a pattern that perfectly met my needs, and as it was 'on sale', it was actually cheaper purchasing it and having it posted, than buying locally! What a deal!!

However I have never experienced such poor service over a purchase I have made online. The order was placed on 3rd August 2010. An email was received advising that it had been posted on 8th August 2010. 2 emails and phones calls that lead no-where - I havn't received a thing. I have checked throuigh their website and they do make a point that if an address is incorrectly recorded by the purchaser, then they (sewingpatterns.com) are not at fault. I have checked this and I have put in the full correct address (receipt is proof of the address I inputted) for postage to Australia.

I have double chekced the 'ship eLert' they emailed me confirming that my package has been posted, however they have incorrectly recorded my address on that one!!!

I have sent emails, made unanswered phone calls, and am absolutely sick of this! A simple email response advising me that they were investigating the problem, would suffice to keep me happy, however they can't even manage that. I will be following up with my credit card companies fraud department for online purchases.
N  3rd of Sep, 2010 by    0 Votes
I apologize that you have not received your order. Please email Info@sewingpatterns.com and on the subject line attention ANNE. I will personally assist you in making your order right and making sure that you get your patterns.

Anne
N  16th of Dec, 2010 by    0 Votes

SewingPatterns.com - Difficult to download
SewingPatterns.com
New Zealand

I wouldn't bother with this again! I thought it was a great idea because I often have difficulty getting patterns I want where I live. So I put in my order for downloadable patterns. Email arrived within 15 minutes as promised, but it was so difficult to download from the link. It took many, many attempts. Anyway, I printed out the patterns, but i couldn't get the instructions to print properly. I contacted the company, and had a reply the next day - "the instructions are not able to be printed out"!!! So I had to enlarge them on my PC, and go back and forth from my sewing room to view them. Needless to say, I made mistakes and got really frustrated. The patterns were a mission to tape together on A4 paper, and didn't line up perfectly (to be fair, this is probably just paper movement as is goes through the printer). I found the whole thing very time consuming and frustrating. Won't bother again.
D  28th of Feb, 2011 by    0 Votes
Hi.
I apologize for your experience. Are you sure you entered your email address correctly? Have you checked your spam folder? You can go directly to Printsew.com and click on SUPPORT and your help request will be assisted.

We are eager to assist you.
Anne
N  11th of Aug, 2011 by    0 Votes
Have ordered patterns via postal service a few times and had the wrong items sent, or half an order, so decided this time as I was in a rush to order downloadable patterns. Supposed to arrive in your inbox within 15 mins. 2 days later, still waiting. Also no replies to 2 emails sent asking why. I will NEVER deal with this company again.
A  25th of Oct, 2012 by    0 Votes
I agree with all the upsetting comments. This must be some third country operated business. I still have not received any answers to my emails. It's impossible to print out these instructions online and worst of all some of the instructions are not in English. You can't get in touch with anyone over the phone, which is pretty fishy. I'm putting a complaint to National Cyber Security.
N  10th of Feb, 2016 by    0 Votes
DO NOT ORDER FROM THAT COMPANY!!! I ordered two times and it was hell each time!! No confirmation mail, no invoice, the worst consummer service I ever seen! I gave them a new try on feb 5 and it is not looking good at all!
N  6th of Jul, 2016 by    0 Votes
On June 20th, 2016 I placed an order for 3 patterns 2 Vogue, 1 Butterick, amt 25.97 plus shipping $6.75. I have called and e-mailed several and have not received any ans. as to why I have not gotten my delivery. order # 550913
This appears to be a scam. Don't buy from them.

Peggy McGeary
N  21st of Jul, 2016 by    0 Votes

SewingPatterns.com - ZERO SERVICE
Virginia

AWFUL SERVICE, SITE. I ordered patterns on Jan 26, called twice to a fishy voicemail (no professional message or designation) and received no calls back. Site has no way to track orders. Had written them off as a fraud, when my patterns (shippe 2/13) showed up...unfortunately, 1 day before my vacation that I sought to make clothes for. I haven't taken the patterns apart yet to determine if they are good or not. NEVER EVER EVER BUY FROM THESE PEOPLE!!!
D  21st of Jul, 2016 by    0 Votes
I apologize for your experience. I did ask Anne to contact you in regards to the delay. She will refund your shipping fee due to the delay.

Thank you.
N  29th of Jul, 2016 by    0 Votes

SewingPatterns.com - No product received, no communication
California

I ordered two patterns from the site almost three weeks ago . I received a receipt of payment but that was it...I never received any shipping confirmation and have yet to receive my patterns. Doesn't seem like it should take too long, as I live in California. Well, the patterns were sort of time sensitive so I got them elsewhere and now I just want my money back. I've been trying for over a week to reach someone, but the phone number just ends up at a shady voicemail and no one will answer my emails (which I have sent an obnoxious amount of at this point). Does anyone actually work at this place?? I feel like I'm talking to a wall.
N  25th of Aug, 2016 by    0 Votes

SewingPatterns.com - I will never deal with this company again
sewingpatterns.com

Have ordered patterns via postal service a few times and had the wrong items sent, or half an order, so decided this time as I was in a rush to order downloadable patterns. Supposed to arrive in your inbox within 15 mins. 2 days later, still waiting. Also no replies to 2 emails sent asking why. I will never deal with this company again.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree