ServiceMagic / They lied and took almost 300.00 out of my account

I tried this service magic to get leads, and I told them not to take money out of my account for leads to work I never got. well they told me i would get free leads and not have to pay, so i carefully never took more than the free leads. they lied and took almost 300.00 out of my account that i could not afford since i am on social security disability and only receive 924.00 a month. they wont credit my account, and i had to put a stop to their taking more money out of my account since they lied and said they would not again, and changed my debit card with my bank, and now today i got an automated message if i dont pay by friday september 14th it would be sold to a 3rd party collection agency. i am afraid to pay them on the phone or online for fear they will take more money out of my account..please help me.

Gr

Comments

27th of Mar, 2012
    ServiceMagic - Bad faith business practices
    ServiceMagic
    servicemagic.com

ServiceMagic owns MarketHardware and the two have now been sued in Federal Court for cybersquatting, stealing customers, and other bad faith business practices.

• Th
      14th of Sep, 2012

Did you sign a contract that obligates you to make payments for sometime? If not tell them you no longer require their services. Note down all the details of the call-time, date, who you talked to, etc. Then write them a CMRRR cancelling the service and refer to that conversation on such date, with so and so. Instruct them not to debit your account any more.

If you have to make a payment do not give them your debit card or electronic access to your account. Instead send them a check, CMRRR. They will not claim it arrived later that it did. You can give them a heads up payment is on the way, don't worry about the CA threat.

Google these and be an informed consumer, you will be in a much better position to ward off anybody from near your money.
    1-what to do when you are contacted by a collections agency.
    2-your rights under federal laws FDCPA and FCRA
    3-Validation of debt
    4-cease and desist
    5-CMRRR
    6-Your state's Statute of Limitations (SOL) on debt.
    7-post your questions at debtorboards dot com

• Sm
      19th of Sep, 2012

Good afternoon "Grincen" -

I am sorry to hear that you are frustrated with your experience with us. Our system is set up to charge on a per lead basis once a week and we do offer lead replacements on a case-by-case basis that we'd be happy to review with you. If you could please, contact me directly at 303-962-8066 or mblack@servicemagic.com, I will look into your account with you.

Mandy Black