ServiceMagic / Lies and Fraud

1 San Antonio, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 303-963-8490

I have been a roofing contractor for over 28 years. After trying ServiceMagic for just a couple of weeks, I found that only one out of 10 leads were legitimate. The first lead I received was a non-working number. The second was a hoax performed by kids. The third lead wouldn't call us back. We received two leads that had already signed with other companies when we promptly called them. One customer refused to allow us to come out because they were looking for a remodeler, not a roofer. Five following leads could not be reached and would not call us back. After complaining to ServiceMagic, I was informed that they would e-mail these last five that would not call us back and see if these customer's would respond. They did not. In the mean time, ServiceMagic debited my account $550.00. I was very upset because I notified them a 9 days before they took the money out of my account that I had several leads that were no good. The original salesman, Andy Johnson just disappeared and wouldn't call me back after I signed up even though he said all I need to do was notify him with any bad leads and he would credit me. He lied. It is very difficult to get a hold of anyone at ServiceMagic. When you finally do reach someone it is obvious that they are well versed on how to refuse a bad lead credit. This is a well rehearsed scam. Stay as far away from this company as you can. I spent many wasted hours trying to contact these bogus leads and trying to get my money back. I finally had to cancel my debit card and report a claim to Visa. ServiceMagic had the nerve to tell me that they were scheduled to take another $165.00 out of my account the following week for yet even more bad leads. This should be criminal and probably is.

Comments

• Sm
      2nd of Mar, 2012

Good morning "AAA Roofing" -

I am sorry to hear that you are frustrated with your experience with us. We do offer lead replacements for disconnected phone numbers, wrong types of work and wrong zip codes. We can also take a look at your account and ensure you are set up properly to help you see a return on investment. I would like to get a chance to speak with you directly to discuss your concerns and look into options with you. You may reach me directly at 303.963.8066 or mblack@servicemagic.com.

Thank you for your time.

Mandy Black