Select Comfort / Poor product!

110 CastleberryMeridian, MS, United States Review updated:

I purchased a select comfort bed in the year of 2001. Between 2001 and Jan 2008 I had to replace the air pump four times, and two air chambers. Although under a prorated warranty ( 70 Percent during my problem period), the air chambers cost about 50 each and the air pumps are over 150. I have also had to sew my mattress seam back together by hand to keep the zipper from becoming unattached. The air chambers can fail due to O-Ring Failure, cracked plastic air-intake nipple, rubber seam failure or air hose connector malfunction.

One needs an experienced pit crew to keep this bed system in operation. The bed sleeps good except for the dreaded trenching effect. That's where one person slides into the other sleeper because one person chose a lower sleep number than their partner.

Comments

Ar
  23rd of Mar, 2009
I'm sorry to hear all these horror stories. I'm glad I didn't read them before we bought ours. We did have one failure of the dials not being readable after a year or two. They sent us a new pump and dials for no charge. Yes, I did have to get under the bed and stuff, but it wasn't that bad - I'm 65 years old. The really good thing about the bed is that I like it soft and my wife likes a hard mattress. She runs at like 75 and I run at like 25. We're both comfortable, whereas before it was either she or me.
Po
  22nd of Jun, 2009
Are there Children jumping up & down on it? Also, do you do alot of Banging on it? Are you or anyone useing it Overweight?
Fi
  22nd of Dec, 2009
Hey Larry.. I have ha dall of the same problems with it! No kart wheels or jumping on the bed Polebilly13... as I am sure larry wasn't either..

The bed sucks