Scotts Lawn Service / Scotts Lawn Services Advertisement is a lie

US Review updated:

Received a mailing with an advertisement of free lawn analysis. Requested this service online. I received a call from Scotts representative in Elgin IL and was asked if I want any paid services. I said that I want FREE LAWN ANALYSIS as advertised. They told me that it takes up to 2 weeks to send somebody out. And that if I am not home, they will leave analysis at my doorsteps.

Nobody showed up. I have a live-in babysitter who is around the house all the time. Called them back after 2 weeks. Was offered paid services again. When I asked them about free lawn analysis, they told me that a person was at my property and performed this analysis. Then I asked how I can obtain the results of this analysis they told me that I can not.

I never expected that such a big company like Scotts would be so dishonest and will not fulfill their own advertisement.

Si

Comments

• Am
      Oct 24, 2012

Sineg,

Please drop me an email with your address and I will be happy to look into this for you. we do offer a free analysis and provide you with the results.

My email address is scotts.[protected]@scotts.com

Thanks,
    Amanda Cordell
    Scotts LawnService

• Li
      Apr 29, 2013

Do NOT use this lawn service!!! You'll regret it!!!

A Scotts sales rep (Mark) knocked on my door (unsolicited )to pitch Scotts Lawn Service. I agreed having Scotts treat my lawn every 4-6 weeks at 46.00 a treatment which included the front back and side yards. I PERSONALLY walked the sales rep around the perimeter of the property so he was WELL aware of the area agreed to be treated on the service agreement. I asked Mark (sales rep) how Scotts could treat my entire yard for 46.00 per treatment, his response "we can lower the rates of treatments because we've canvased for and gained enough business in the Seymour area to do so."

I signed up, the service technician showed up TWO weeks after, treated the lawn and DID NOT leave an invoice. I spoke with someone in the Knoxville office named Paul who stated that the service technician didn't leave an invoice because the square footage was WRONG on the service agreement. Paul insisted that the square footage was an "error" and to treat my yard in the future would be double. I suggested to Paul that this was deceiving and poor business practices. He insisted it was a mistake. It's NO MISTAKE... it's called bait and switch.

If a Scotts Lawn Service Rep comes knocking at your door you're going to get RIPPED OFF!!!