Schwans / Scam and cheating

Beware Schwan's employees and future risk takers! Schwan's benefits are not what you think they are. After paying for coverage for over 5 years and being told by the company that they pay for half I have just found out that is not true. I have just purchased a 'family' policy for less than what they charged me for an 'employee' policy. And with much better benefits!!! If I had signed up for a 'family' plan with Schwan's then I would be paying less than half for a 'family' plan as an individual. Seems like Schwan's is making money off their beloved employees.

Also, and the biggest issue of all; Schwan's LTD (long term disability policy is really short term because it only helps you for a total of 12 months. And at that Standard Insurance Company who under writes the policy does everything they can to avoid paying you your benefits. They will lie, cheat and steal to keep from paying you one red cent. Schwan's doesn't tell their new employee this, ever. All they want you to believe is their benefits are the greatest. That's B.S!

God for bid, but if you are ever injured while working, look out. Even if the injury is the companies fault such as faulty equipment, etc. Specialty Risk Services is the Company you get to have ruin your life. And I mean this literally! They are just as crooked as the rest of them. Schwans is not interested in their employees. Schwan's has very few veterans left as compared to new employees. I know, I was a veteran employee.

Good luck to current Schwan's employees but beware. The company will screw you some how, some way and anyway they can. And for the left-over veterans who aren't qualified to work anywhere else I say good luck your turn is next.

Pa

Comments

• Ke
      5th of Jul, 2009

I have gout and am now being told, after a year of blood, sweat and tears of building my route that they are eliminating my truck and dividing it up. I am doing better than most all of the other drivers.
    They do not want to fire me yet, because they don't want to lose my customers. They lost more than 100 people when they fired the last guy.

• 4s
      2nd of Sep, 2014

So you are insulting customers? Well that explains why the service has gone down. My parents always would buy through Schwans and I even did before we moved. I tried ordering again and 3 times rescheduled without reasons. Your attitude screams why several customers are complaining. Hope you enjoy your banquet.

26th of Aug, 2016
    Schwans - Been there longer than most 11 years
    Schwans

I've been at schwans for about 11 years. I have been a csm the hole time. If you have been at schwans for a period of time, and you are not making any money, it is your own fault. I am now over 70 thousand a year. If you don't believe me, look for me in the corporate papers. My name is Lyle Schnowske. Put some effort into what you are doing, and then you will make the money. I think enough has been said. Effort or nothing. For all you complainers, I guess I won't be seeing you at the banquet.