SBI Credit Card / unwanted loan

1 India Review updated:

I am holding S.B.I. credit card for last eighteen months.On one fine day on 27 march 2007, I received D.D. of Rs.27000 from S.B.I. card stating that this is pre-approved loan,which I never asked for. So I was shocked and immediately contacted S.B.I. card helpline to cancel my loan which I never asked. So They advised me to send D.D. back trough drop box and accordingly I send back D.D. on 29 march 2007 with covering letter to cancel my loan.

But when I received monthly statement on 10 April 2007 showing loan amount and E.M.I., I immediately wrote letter and contacted several times on help line who told me that this matter is under process. Same thing repeated in 10 may2007 account statement.

At the First week of june 2007 I was told that my matter is settled and I will get intimation of cancellation of loan and E.M.I.within 2-3 days. But suddenly on 13 june 2007 one person arrived at my residence as collection agent from S.B.I. card Who threatened my mother to pay the dues, as I was not at home. Up till now The matter is not resolved by Sbicard and I am getting Phone call from recovery agent to pay the money.

Comments

20th of Nov, 2008

Same here

Just got the SBI card a week back and started getting persistent calls to accept a welcome DD(loan) of Rs 8000 wgich I just dont need.