Saveace / Mylife.com / unauthorized credit card charges

1 CT, United States Review updated:

My wife signed up for mylife.com 4 months ago. When told there was a recurring monthly charge of 19.95 and NOT a one-time charge, as she was led to believe, she immediately cancelled. The woman was extremely rude, but did say that she has cancelled my wife's account. Guess what? We got 4 more charges from saveace, before I caught it. Lesson learned. Read each months bank statements very carefully. My credit card company is changing my account number, because they consider that account number has been compromised. NEVER do business with mylife.com, or if you do, DO NOT give them any of your personal information.

Mr

Comments

4th of Aug, 2009

My wife did the same thing: signed up for MyLife.com on a "sale" and probably never read the supposed agreement MyLife.com states you had to read when creating an account. This agreement states you agree to also sign up for SavingsAce, whatever that is, at $19.95 a month. We cancelled both memberships by calling the SavingsAce number listed here on this web site, and the MyLife.com number listed on theirs.

Too bad these companies exist virtually because if they had a storefront, someone would be getting a serious beating.

• Di
      13th of Aug, 2009

I would gladly join you in beating them up and the money out of them..I am a victim of these too and - mind you: I am from overseas.. I got FBI involved, law enforcement takes action too if anything else comes up with these frauds that I have never signed up at, heck I didnt even know about them or them, I called them and gave them an earfull(mylife) complained to my CC institute and they have it under investigation at their fraud dept for credit card fraud. It would be interesting to know where they got any sign up infos since I NEVER give out my true identity and personal info like my true name, address or phone or anything else, i am always online anonymus or with an alias ID, name and addy and phone is always 0000 stuff like that, so Iwould love to know what sign up ifos they have of me hmm???