Santander Consumer USA / cannot pay with western union

1 NC, United States Review updated:

Bought a car in November, and it is time to make my very first payment. Cannot pay using Western Union, prior to due date, because my account number is not in the database. Also tried MoneyGram, same result, invalid account number. Tried multiple MG and WU locations in my city. Called Santander multiple times on that day, spoke with probably 8 different people and a supervisor, and was given several remedies, including trying to use WU with SS number, adding on numbers to the beginning and end of account number... nothing worked, same result, invalid number or number not in database. Now, I have to deposit the money back into my bank account, and since it is a holiday weekend, it will be after the due date before that money is available in my account. I will then have to contact this ridiculous company to draft the payment out of my account, which will be late. They have told me there will not be a late fee, we'll see how that goes. But the problem is, my very first payment will be late, interest will accrue, and the problem is entirely that of Santander. I already dread dealing with this company, and I will be contacting my credit union to see if they will refinance and take over this loan. I fear I am in a bad situation. Oh, and I will refuse to pay a convenience fee for processing my payment from my bank, since I was unable to use WU prior to the due date. Santander says they have no idea why this is happening, they've "never heard of this happening before". I have a feeling they know EXACTLY what is happening here...$. You live and learn.

Comments

7th of Dec, 2011

I have been having a problem ever since they got my loan from HSBC, and it has been a while, Santandare will not send me statements, I have never recieved any statements or late payment notices since I have been with them.I have to make a payment over the phone and be charged a fee to do so, I have called many times to solve this problem but they tell me the same thing, statement is mailed out, this has been going on for years, my loan is almost paid off and I'm afraid I want recieve my title, I have been told I can mail the payment but I'm afraid to without a statement.I never want to deal with them again.