Santander Consumer USA Logo

Santander Consumer USA

Having problems with Santander Consumer USA?

1010 W. Mockingbird Lane, Suite 100
Sat7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
SunClosed

Complaints & Reviews

Santander Consumer USA — illegal practices and consumer harrassment

Class action lawsuit... Please go here and join the class action lawsuite that is forming agains santander...

Santandercrooks

They are charging me outragous late fees agianst my contract, still say I owe over 12, 000.00 even though I have been paying for 2 years and just got done paying 3000.00 all at once. They are rude and never follow through on arragments. And the send the repo guy out on weekends so you acnt do anything! And corporate never never calls back ever! These are the biggest crooks, lying, harrasing mean people out there! Please can someone help me sue them or something? Also no one knows what the other person is doing! Oh and they dont care if you get laid off they leave a message saying the have a special program to call them.. Yeah to drive you crazy thats there special program!

• Kr
      KristenKP1974 Dec 03, 2009

These people are terrible! I fell behind after my father died and I had spent 7 weeks traveling from MA to NC to be with him. I was making payments, granted they were not full payments, but I was trying. I also had the "special arrangement" messages and "programs" to work with me were total BS. Their idea of arrangements or programs is being able to take your FULL payment over the phone, plus the $10.95 fee they charge. (And unless you MAIL your payment, online or phone payments all cost $10.95) They did end up repossesing my car, without any notice. The repo man came at 1:30 am hooked my car up, then knocked on my door, waking up both my kids when the dog started barking. I had made a full payment that afternoon, and offered to show him the print out but he did not care. The service from the repo company (which is a sub contractor of another subcontractor was completely horrible and another complain all together).
      I spent the next day calling them to make the full payment due to have my car released. At first with my consent they agreed to deal with my husband over the phone to get it straightened out, but then they changed their mind and I had to call myself. Making calls like that from work are not allowed. I stood outside in the freezing cold talking to YOLANDA (the rudest most ignorant excuse of a human I have ever dealt with) over the phone. AFTER she took the payment, she told me she had to have my bosses phone number and my employment info, and also 2 references to call. That until I provided that, and she could actually verify it, she would not send the paperwork to release my car. I was livid. I asked why I should provide references when I am the sole person responsible for my car. She said "Mam' if you ever answered our phone calls we would not have to do this. Since we can not reach you we need to know 2 other people, and your boss who can". I told her if they were not so rude I would answer. You cant have a civil conversation with these people. So why bother? Especially when they are calling you on your cell phone at work. I told her I fullfilled my obligation and fully paid what I owed. That you can not hold my car hostage because you want phone numbers of family/friends you can harrass looking for me. She refused, and also told me there was no one else I could speak with. She then asked me to verify my address. I told her they already have it, thay came and took the friggin car. Her reply, "just because that's where were picked the car up does not mean you live there". So I told her my address...again... and she asked AGAIN "so this is where you actually live" I said Yah, and she said "Mam, I need a yes or no". Then I asked her if she had to verify this information and actually call these people before she released my car and she said yes. Are you kidding me????? I had to hang up with her and call around to see which friends I had who would actually be there to answer their phones. When I called back, I got a guy named Robert who told me she was wrong, I did not need to provide and have her call those people in order to release my car. That the paperwork should have been done right then. I hope to God she ends up in a position to be so finacially broken down that something is taken from her and she is treated like the ignorant Dbag she is by someone trying to collect from her. These people are total jerks and treat everyone like they are some sort of criminal.

Sovereign Bankidentity fraud

I have had a continuing issue with sovereign bank over the past few years but this last one takes the cake! I was the victim of identity fraud on my checking account with sovereign bank to the sum of $620. I contacted the bank, went to my local branch, filled out all the nessassary paperwork and froze my account until the situation was cleared up. A week later they sent me more forms to fill out and gave me only 2 days to complete and mail back to them or they were not going to cover the fraud charges. They didn't even include a return envelope! This was 3 weeks ago and since then i've opened an account with another back so I could pay my bills. I checked on the status of this account and they had let two payments go through that should have been stopped with the account being frozen. I have managed to become $75 futher in debt to them based on this. My wife has an account there as well (don't ask why) so I transfered funds into my account to avoid more overdraft fees until I could get to my local branch and clear this up again. This was on friday. Today is tuesday and they have kept the account transfer in pending status for 3 more days making me $15 more in debt to them. I went to the local branch near my work to clear this up and they told me I would have to go the branch where I opened the account to clear this up. I don't live anywhere near the branch I opened the account up anymore! I then re-froze the account to avoid more fees but I highly doubt that will make a difference. What is the point of satellite branches is I can not clear up issue at one or the other? Tomorrow is a holiday so I need to wait two more days until I can attempt this again! I thought wells fargo was bad but these guys are clearly the worst.

Santander Consumer USAincrease in monthly payment

I have made my monthly on time every month since I puchased this car back in 2005. I apparently made the fatal error according to a csr/ suprvsr (operatir # 221178) which ios the reason my car payment went up 152.67 per month.

The csr I spoke to stated that I had a history of missed payments, habitually late, and made partial payments. When he stated that I asked to speak to a supervisor who "reviewed my file and said that I had a pristine payment history and that all he could come up with is that I had hoistorically overpaid my payment by 3.83 dollars a month so now I was being charged an extra for over paying habitually.

I find it rather funny that when I asked for the pay off amount he (supervisor) quoted me 1000.00 dollars more than what was on the statement I recieved in the mail ans that was with a payoff date good through 11/05/09.
      This is a simple loan which means if I chose to payoff early there are no penalties and pay off based on hopw early I paid off the loan with a reduction in the interest based on how many months I paid off early. My contract clearly stated that as did the loan officer. Bascially my pay off should be 2300.00 and 3906.00, amazes me how they can add on an additional 1700.00.

I figured this would happen when santander took over back in march / april and didnt notify me by phone, mail or e-mail regardiong the take over of drive financial. I went on line to look up the mailing address for overnight delivery and that is how I found out about the take over. I ended up generating a payment coupon on my word so I could mail my payment in then called 8 days later to verify they recievd the payment.
      I have also recieved harassin calls in the past if payment s were not recieved on the due daye, they consistenly fail to follow the contract grace period of 5 working days which is in place to allow for mail delays and crapping processin times by companies.

• He
          HELP MAKE CHANGE Sep 23, 2010

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE FILE A COMPLAINT WITH FTC SO THAT SANTANDER CONSUMER USA CAN BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR THEIR ACTIONS GO TO: https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov AND FILE YOUR COMPLAINT ASAP, IT ONLY TAKES 5 MINUTES THANK YOU!

• Mk
          M. Klein Feb 16, 2011

Their website does not work for payments. I argued that I would not pay a fee for a payment over the phone as I went into the website as directed. It never took my new information. Now they are saying I am one day late. These people are terrible at customer service and I als asked if I was also paying a $14.95 fee just to have my account directly taken out of my checking every month. They said no, but I got a letter from them showing the breakdown of my payment. For the past 3 years I have been paying this fee and it was never disclosed to me that automatic payment would be charged. Let's see $14.95 x 12 months x 6 years. Add it up folks, it is thievery.

M. Klein
          Herndon, VA

Sovereign Bank / Santander Bank — loan sold or transferred to without my permission

When I purchased my car a loan was made to sovereign bank by the dealer. At that time it seemed ok. I made...

Sovereign Bankhard sell tactics

I tried to cash out a cd I had with sovereign. They asked me what I was doing with the money (none of their business), but I told them I was buying a car. They tried to convince me I was better off putting the money into a savings account there and taking out a home equity loan so I could deduct the interest from my taxes. Thing was, I was buying the car outright and didn't need a loan. Any tax savings I would have seen would have been much less then the interest I had to pay them! They just kept saying over and over "but you'll reduce your taxes. Here, just sign up." they treated me like a # and wouldn't take no for an answer.

Santander Consumer USA — refund due

I have been dealing with the absolute worst customer service imaginable from this company pronounced san tan...

Drive Financial Dba Santander Consumer USA — everything

I made the mistake of letting this company handle my car loan. Not only do they not keep up with your...

Santander Consumer — bad customer interaction

Santander consumer used to be drive financial — I thought they were bad!!! This new company is worse. One of...

Santander Bank — mishandling of purchased autoloan

Santander is a vicious, predatory lender with no hesitation to harass and attempt to intimidate customer...

Santanderstealing money

I was set on ach recurring debits for car payments. Our checking account was compromised and closed immediately. Car payment wasnt due until 10 days later so I called them immediate to tell them they couldnt use previous checking and tried to offer the new one but was told I had to go online and change info. After previous attempts to notify these people and trying to just pay for the car they refused to listen and charged my closed account anyway. They then charged fees for being late and told me several times by several people my ach debit was closed and I had to pay by phone. So I then made my payment by phone and finally got them to wave charges for bogus fee that no one would listen to in the first place. Thinking that I didnt want to go through this mess anymore I figured I would pay by phone monthly to avoid any problems in future. Aug 8th rolled around and I made car payment and paid their extra fees just to pay by phone which is a scam only to discover two days later they debited my checking account another car payment that was never supposed to be taken on ach debit. I called only to be told have the bank fax a paper and they would reverse all monies back to account. After faxing info to them then was I informed that I was always signed up for ach debit and they were going to keep payment and there was no record of what the lady told me about refund. These people are crooks and liars and they really gonna be mad when they see I put a stop payment on there draft.

Santander Consumer USA — poor customer service/payments applied incorrectly

Santander acquired sovereign bank over the summer so my car loan was moved. I have had nothing but grief from...

Sovereign Bankmoney order fee

Don't got to your local bank for a money order if it is Sovereign Bank... The post office charged me 1.50 but my own bank wanted 7.00. That's not even competitive...

• Jc
                Jcabralusa Jul 02, 2011

Everything goes wrong with Sovereign Bank, such as:
                1) The transactions made at Sovereign ATM do not reflect automaticaly in your account, what's confused.
                2) A debit card replacement can take up up to 10 days. The bank doesn't issue temporary debit cards.
                3) There is a $30 fee to have a debit card replacement order expedited.
                4) The customer service is terrible.
                5) Don't take a risk sending anyone to make a deposit into your account. Your balance can be showed on the receipt, what's means privacy violation.

Summaryzing: Stay away from Sovereign Bank ..

Santander Consumer USA — customer service/incorrect info

Santander apparently bought out the now bankrupt Drive Financial. I will say from the start this has been the...

Santander Consumer USA — over charge balance

this is was drive financeial the worse company you can have a outo loan through and I can show prove with my...

Sovereign Bankhome loan escrow complaint

I have received a notice from Sovereign Bank who increased my escrow payments by paying out my property tax twice. Their timing was amazing since they did it just before my new (low) interest rate was going to kick in. They have no explanation why it was done. If I had not reviewed my statement I would have started paying increased payments for a home loan that adjusted down by more than a point!!! Has anyone had a similar experience?

Santander Consumer / Drive Financial Services — need release of lien

My auto loan was purchased from Sovereign Bank by Santander. Everything was fine until I received a letter to...

www.sovereignbank.comgreedy sovereignbank and rude custome care (no care)

I was in Boston 2 yrs ago and had account in http://www.sovereignbank.com/. then I moved to flroida... and here they dnt have branches or ATMs... so I was not able to use the bank by any means.. I lost job in January and for need I withdraw my last $160 from soverieng bank account... because it was a dead money and of no use to me.. untill I withdraw it... then bank charge me $33 for overdrawn... I dnt know why when I was having $160.75 in my bank account... and then each day they started charging...$5 service change... and now.. this service charge total grown to $82... and now they called me.. to pay the money.. 1) It was not overdrawn. 2) if it was overdraw.. why they did nt called me at that time. 3) they gave call when it was $82. and they are thretening to increase it if I dnt pay.. their customer service sucks.. they are so rude.. she put my phone down when I wanted to know.. why they charged me so much money.. I got job after 2 months. So every penny means for me.. But I thought I should finish it.. and got ready to pay $82. then they said I have to pay extra $15 if I want to pay this Fine. Its so crazy... its hard earned money.. why the bank should take it away like anything... Its pain to loose money like this.. when u dnt have job. Does anybody faced such situation.. wht u did to resolve it?

Sovereign Banksovereign bank is cheating

I saw a sovereign bank advertisement that said if I open a checking account, deposited $200, use the debit card to spend $200, I can get $150 promotion. I opened one with $300 deposited. The odd thing is they mailed a contract to me. Unfortuanatly, I didn't review it carefully, just signed it and mailed it back.

After I received the debit card, I began to use it to do purchase. I thought I spent up the $300, the case get closed. Today, I received a letter from the bank unexpectedly. I was told that I already spent up $300, and I overdrew the money for 3 times. I was charged $35 each time. Also, because I overdrew money, the promotion is cancelled.

I called the representives. Surprisingly, the representatives' attitude was very bad and gave me same answers that were "no way to waive the $105 charge", "it is legitimat charge", "you needn't open the account, it is your mistake". I began to realize I stepped into the trap the sovereign bank already designed for us. They just use this way to defraud customers' money. They already get ready to deny any complaints and appeal. The final result is I open a account with $105 cost and I get big experience that some banks like sovereign bank designated to cheat customers. Can you believe it? The bank industry is full of cheaters.

• Ve
                      VERY VERY MAD!!! Nov 24, 2009

This is the exact same thing that is happening to my husband!!! He opened an account because of the same promotion!! He is now - over $400 because of one overdrawn $30!!! The bank charges him $5 a day that it is overdrawn!!! plus the $35 that was already charged!!! Then the bank manager allows another company to withdraw $94 and charges him again another $35 overdraft fee!!! Now he is fighting with them to reverse the charge because it was not authorized to be withdrawn and they are fighting him saying that they won't reverse the charge!!! He has been on the phone now for hours arguing with these idiots!!! This is the branch on MIDDLEBOROUGH MASS DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS BANK AT ALL!!! THEY ARE THIEVES!!!

• Bl
                      Blah.. Dec 18, 2009

This has to be most one of the most ridiculous things I have ever read. Within the terms of the promotions it reads that the account needs to be in "Good standing" for the 60 days you have to use the debit card and make the $200.00 in purchases. It is not Sovereign banks fault that you have spent more money than you deposited. You knew how must you deposited and yet you spent more, this is not their fault. Plenty of people to get exactly what the promotion offers, which is the $150.00. Keep track of your own account, spend the banks money and you pay the fee. The end.

• Ex
                      ex employee#? Aug 27, 2010

I can explain this to you in full: You are correct, you must always read the fine print when dealing w/ a financial institution. Where they got you is the fact the acct became overdrawn and it does state (unfortunately) that if an acct becomes ovedrawn for any reason during that evaluation period, they consider the promotion void.

Sovereign Bank — illegal overdraft fees

Hello, Like many people I am trying to stretch money as far as it can go. And I (and many others it seem...