Santander Consumer USA - Dallas, TX / fees!

1 1010 W. Mockingbird LaneDallas, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-888-222-4227

Recently santander consumer usa took over mine and many other car loans from citifinancial auto. I always made my payments online when I was with citifinancial. The payments were through western union and there was no charge to make these payments. So I went to santander consumer's web site to make my most recent payment online but to my suprise and shock, they want to charge a fee of $10.95 to use the same service!! They use western union just as citifinancial did! Citifinancial didn't charge me a fee if I made my payment over the phone. Santander again will charge me $10.95 if I chose to use that service as well! I was told that if I do an autodraft, it would be free. But I don't care to do it that way. So now the only way I can make my payment without paying a $10.95 fee is to write a check, put it in an envelope, put a stamp on it and drop it off at the post office.

Ma

Comments

• To
      9th of Oct, 2010

Any company using Western Union to process payments has to pay Western Union themselves for the service. Santander probably is trying to recoup this cost...although 10.95 seems a bit steep to me. Most conpanies care enough about their customers to provde these services as a convenience for their customers...Santander obviously does not. Id ask them to waive the fees as a convenience or I would refinance/pay the loam off. A company should be more dedicated to their customers.