Samsung U600 Mobile Phone / product faulty

1 267 New Edinburgh Road , UddingstonGlasgow, Scotland, Strathclyde, United Kingdom Review updated:
Phone: 07732853122

My partner bought me a samsung phone on 24th December 2007, costing £140.00, in mid February it started switching itself off and occasionally not charging . I contacted phones 4 u in Glasgow where it was purchased and was told to take it to their Motherwell branch for repair. I did so on 1st March and i was unhappy with the fact the staff member tried to sell me another phone and forget about the repair. Not good customer service. After more than 2 weeks i contacted them because i had heard nothing and was told someone should have contacted me. I was told the phone was beyond repair due to water damage and i had to pay £17 to get it back. I disputed the water damage story and having to pay to get the phone back and told them i was going to contact the shop. The staff member suggested that i had left the phone beside a boiling kettle. I have always used samsung phones and so has my family but i am disgusted with the way we have been treated, i would also like to point out at present i am using my old samsung phone which is 2 years old. The phone we purchased has obviously been faulty and i would appreciate your help and common sense in resolving this complaint.

Comments

• Ke
      2nd of Jun, 2008

This phone seams a bit dodgy as mine will not charge up either. A bit dissapointing to say the least when you pay a high price for the phone. In future I will get a cheaper older phone with proven quatilty

15th of Jun, 2008

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN!!
    this mail is specifically a complaint of the Samsung Mobile dealers in PAKISTAN.
    Actually i am a permanent user of samsung mobiles i had been using X100. D500, D600, E900 and now U600.
    i was very satisfied of the samsung mobiles. But this time i am having a great problem. My SAMSUNG U600 set has got a black spot on its LCD. it started from the bottom of the screen and then moved on to the centre. And got bigger in a day. i went to the Warranty giving dealers MOBILE ZONE. They saw that its a big problem that will cost them about Rs 4000. they started giving excuses by saying that the set can't be claimed in warranty as it is damaged or it had a liwuid contact. i got shocked by hearing this that how can it be possible? The black spot had moved from bottom to centre, how can a damage can move?? it can get bigger but can't move. but that spot had moved on. but still they do not agree and they are asking me for money Rs. 4000. Why??? What does warranty mean?
    there was some problem in the set by its own, not because of me it has never fall down and never had any contact to any liquid. I am Sure and i can bet on it. Then why they are not providing me my warranty rights.
    they are just giving a bad name to SAMSUNG. My son had been using a nokia cell phone, he got problem with that then the dealers of that set, named ADVANCE TELECOM, took notice of that and they gave a new set replacement. WOW!! This is the warranty.
    But the SAMSUNG mobile dealers, MOBILE ZONE, are not even repairing the set and asking for the money. Isn’t it a matter of shame for them and for the samsung too.
    In this way they are compelling me to use Nokia or some other company's mobile which provide a real useful warranty.
    I want SAMSUNG Company to take a notice of it and provide me Warranty facility
    My set is submitted in the MObile zone company but now they are asking for money. they have the set submitted to them with the R.O number RWP-21949 with the name of my son ZAIN

If some other information is required from me you can contact me at following phone numbers
    Ch. Zain +923339819550
    Ch. Zafar +923009744060, +923335000924

Else u can e-mail me at chaudry_zain@hotmail.com

4th of Sep, 2008

I had a U6oo also which they claimed to have water damage. Their customer service is without a doubt the worst out of all major mobile phone companys FACT !!! Every samsung product I have had has broken within its warranty time, but not been replaced or fixed due to lame excuses from them. I was told my u6oo required a flex pack, and that it was getting repaired. This was obviously going to cost them too much soo they decided to claim it was water damage. This took them 36 days to do so ! Well over their specified 28days gaurantee repair time, and if not repaired within this time a new handset should be issued which also never happened. The phone came back in a terrible state with the battery cover borken !!I had it looked at by a third party local repair centre. It was not water damage !!! It was repaired for £1o. I am now taking legal action against samsung ! They are wihout a doubt the worst mobile phone manufacturer at the moment and should not be allowed to treat their customers this way !

• Ta
      6th of May, 2009

I have a samsung phone that had the same issue. Different phone model. The keypad also gets so hot, you don't want to touch it. I sent it to Samsung (US) to get it fixed since the keypad was a defect and who knows what the deal with the screen was. They said they can't fix it becasue it's damaged. It would cost me $90 US to fix the LCD and then they could fix the keypad. I keep my phone in a case and used one of those LCD protectors. The screen looked as if it melted and that's what I was told by my local at&t store. Samsung told me that because of the LCD, the defective keypad was not in warranty. It's their fault! They sold me a defective phone! So, I'm out $300 and the phone is useless. What a great company! Never buy their crappy products again.

• St
      18th of Aug, 2009

I purchase a new Samsung i900 on 1st June 2009 and two months down the track, after charging the phone overnight, the phone played up the following morning.
    The phone started vibrating after over night charging and when i took the phone off charge to check if the vibrating was due to a message received, it did not accept my screen pin. I most definately did not forget my pin as it was the same used for 2 years and used on aonther mobile set. I tried turning on and off, even tried using another sim card which was from the same phone provider and the phone did not want to respond to the touchs on the touch screen
    I took it to samsung provided in Western Australia and they say its not covered under warranty because it has a phone lock.
    May i add that there are two ways to unlock this phone! I have used them both. One way can be through the pin and the other is by holding down the unlock key!
    I find it unbelieveable that they can not figure out whats wrong with it!
    My previous phone was a D600 and i did not have any problems and now an upgrade made looks like the worst choice made. I am currently using the old phone!