Samsung Sr-l627evss / parts no longer available!

1 1970 COTE ST-GABRIEL OUESTStSauveur, Québec, Canada
Phone: 450-226-7132

I bought a samsung refrigerator on july 7, 2003. I boutgh a sr-l627evss 21.9 pc and in may of 2007, a shelf on my door cracked. Since I bought a prolonged guarantee, I called the company for the guarantee and they sent a repairman within two weeks to look at my fridge. After one month, no news. I called the repair company duclos & freres and they said they are still looking for the part and they will get back to me. It took 4 more months and finally I got a call from the owner benoit duclos and he says he cannot get the part anymore samsung has discontinued the part.

For a refrigerator that is below 5 years old and parts are already being discontinued is ridiculous. I paid nearly $1800 for this fridge and the service is absolutely lousy. This was the first and last time I will be buying any samsung product for the rest of my life. Basically it is like telling me to spend another $1800 for a new fridge because the part I need is discontinued. It may only be a shelf but what is next to break on this fridge???

Hopefully someone will read this and find me a goddamn part for my fridge.