Samsung French Door Refrigerator / broken cheap plastic

1 16229 68th st. northWest Palm Beach, FL, United States Review updated:

I bought a samsung french door refrigerator 6 months ago and the deli door just came off. It has a cheap plastic nob that is pencil size and 1/4 of an inch. It came right off now the lid to the deli door won't stay on. I bought the extended warrenty and the appliance is only 6 months old and now I have to buy a new door because samsung will not stand by their products. The door is so cheap, we didn't even touch it, to open the tray you grap the tray not the door so I have no idea why it broke and now I have to pay. I will never buy another samsung product again.

Pa

Comments

1st of Aug, 2008

I have the same problem and after trying to think of ways to keep the door from sliding too far left or right (which causes the door to come out) I decided to call customer service. They initially said that I had waited too long to complain and a service call fee would be my responsibility. They finally decided to cover the cost but are having a hard time finding a service representative in my area. I believe it is a design flaw they have corrected by making the shelf below the vegetable drawers stiffer. Then the hinges engage and keep the door from sliding too far left or right. I was thinking of trying to put "O" rings or something similar on the sides of the pegs that hold the door or maybe screwing the shelf up against the bracket between the vegetable drawers to keep it from sagging. They are supposed to call me back when they find available service. I otherwise really like the refrigerator and bought it because of JD Power ratings.