Samsung / defective monitors

Samsung monitor service.

Called to receive replacement monitor. Had a $500 retainer put on my debit card to have the replacement sent to my home. Received a defective monitor. Sent it back. They kept the $ hold on my account.

The second replacement monitor was sent to a ups store when it should have been sent directly to me. No $ hold is necessary for this type of replacement transaction. It took a 30 minute phone call to get my money released.

The total time I had to spend on the phone with samsung, just to get a replacement monitor is over 2.5 hours. This includes the original phone call, 3 to get the defective replacement taken care of, and the last to get my $500 back. I am not sure I would have had it refunded if I did not call.

I had to wait days for the broken replacement to get back to the service center before they would send a second replacement. They would not expedite the release of the second monitor.

This has taken over 3 weeks.

Now, I have to go out to a ups store to pick up the second replacement and drag my old on with me.

Kathryn

Ka

Comments

• Mo
      21st of Jul, 2007

My Contact Number: 9819763329/9819171713

• Ab
      13th of Oct, 2008

sir,
    I have a samsung monitor and the problem in my monitor is this some patches in the center of the picture tube on my monitor. when i was complained in service center but my problem is not solving and he said your problem has been solved.But i am facing same problem on my monitor. Please solve my problem my contact no. is 9811819573, 01204168578
    Thanx

• Na
      19th of Mar, 2009

I purchased a new Samsung monitor over a year a go now. However, I had a problem with it from the start. I thought it was my computer and returned my computer to the place of purchase within 90 days. By the time it was figued out it was the monitor and I contacted Samsung they told me that they could only send out a reconditioned monitor. They did and it was not good, the pixels were bad on the replacement monitor. I contacted them again, they sent me out another monitor. I feel that they send me out the exact monitor I sent them had the same problem as the original. I was able to hook up an old monitor that I had and my computer works just fine.
    I have been on the phone with Samsung many times, and in December 2008 they told me that they were going to send me a refund. I have called them many times since to find out the status of my refund. They leave me on hold forever, then come back with me and tell me that they will have someone contact me within 24 hours, they never do. I have been told many times by their executive relations department that the check was in the mail, there were no problems. I called them again yesterday, March 18, 2009 I was again told that someone would get back with me within 24 hours, they did not. I called back today March 19, 2009, I was left on hold for an hour waiting to talk to someone in another department, they finally hung up on me. I called back and I was then again told that someone would get back with me.
    All I want is this to be resolved, I feel that Samsung has not been treating me fairly. I thought Samsung had a good reputation, however, if this is the way they treat consumers. This is just not right!
    Sincerely,