Sallie Mae / Worst Customer Service
Worst call center reps EVER, ANYWHERE. They must not take notes when they talk to you, because the next time you call, they have no idea what you're talking about. They will not acknowledge the fax you send them, and if they do, the next time you call they'll insist they didn't get it. They'll tell you you owe them money, you pay it, and they still bombard you with phone calls. You pay them, they insist you didn't pay them what you were supposed to. You speak with a supervisor, they tell you one thing, in a week, month... it's as though the conversation never took place. You cannot contact supervisors directly. You'll almost never be able to understand the reps due to their heavy accents and fast talk. They'll steer you wrong everytime, and give you inaccurate information and empty assurances.
Make Sallie Mae your last LAST last resort for loans. i recently consolidated some other student loans with American Education Services, and WOW, it's like night and day: the people at AES are great! And no late payment fees (for at least a month i think). they make paying back your loans easy as pie. with sallie mae it's like pulling teeth from the ### of the the incredible hulk - on steroids. And i'm pretty sure these people are totally scamming people out of money left and right. I can't believe they're not being prosecuted for something.
More Sallie Mae Complaints & Reviews
- Sallie Mae - Student loans 
- Sallie Mae - Scams, scams and more scams 
- Sallie Mae Financial Services - Billing statements not sent! 
- Sallie Mae - Private Loan Forbearance 
- Sallie Mae - Scam and cheating! 
- Sallie Mae Bank - personal loan
- Sallie Mae Bank - Parent Student Loans
- Sallie Mae Bank - fraudulent accounting practices
- Sallie Mae - Student loan fraud
- Sallie Mae - Disrganized flaw - filled poor excuse of a lender