Sallie Mae / Login Issues

On August 27, 2010 I received an email saying that Sallie Mae would be consolidating their user IDs to make it "easier" for people to login. However, since that change, I have yet to gain access to their website. I have called Sallie Mae for the past two days asking when the problem would be resolved but every time I get an incompetent customer service rep who has no idea how to help me. They give me generic answers like "Let's reset your user ID or "Change your password" but to no avail, I still receive the same message stating "Error - We are unable to process your request at this time. Sorry for the inconvenience."

I mean for goodness sakes, I just want to login. Is anyone else having the same login issue? If so, have you contacted Sallie Mae about the problem? They just keep telling me to try back again later in the night. It is ridiculous! Feel free to comment back if anyone else has the same login problem...Thanks!

Comments

• Gr
      Oct 04, 2010

Yes I'm having the same issue at about the same time frame. I am still unable to access my account to make a payment. Since i receive no paper bills in the mail this is my only way of paying my loan easily. They have sold my loan to the department of education so I can not send a check to them. I was able to make a payment to them over the phone after being on the line for 5 minutes and they did give me a different address to send my payment to but I don't trust sending checks in the mail with no conformation of payments received. It seems as though they are setting people up to default on their loans by making it very difficult to make payments.

• Da
      Oct 01, 2012

I am co- signer on my son's loan. I used to be able to log in and add to the principle on his loan up to about two years ago. I started to have the same log in problems and after spending wasted time on numerous calls to customer service, I sort of gave up. About a month and a half ago, I tried again to get the problem fixed. All I get is the run around and they reset my password to no avail. I have tried to talk to a supervisor but there is never one available. I truely believe this is a tactic so the loan will not get paid off early and my son's $40, 000.00 loan will not be paid off until he is 80! As a matter-of-fact, it has only gone down about $1000.00 in 10 years. I think we all should contact our Congressman for help.