Sahalie Rewards Programdeceptive practices

I purchased a fleece shirt in December 2009 on Sahalie's on-line store. The next month I noticed that there was an additional charge called Sahalie Rewards. I called the number and they explained what it was. I never signed up for this additional expense, or unknown to me, I did not uncheck a box to cancel this so-called service. This is incredibly unethical and deceptive. Sahalie should take responsibility for this. They would not transfer me to a manager. Although I called in January 2010, they did not cancel my monthly charge until October 2012 and then only credited back 4 months of charges. In all they charged me $500 plus in monthly fees. The Better Business Bureau will also be informed about this highly unethical practice. I will never shop at Sahalie again.

Comments

• Me
      Jan 17, 2013

I have had the same experience, I purchased a few items in October 2011 and they have been charging my credit $14.95 monthly since that time. I do not remember signing up for this service, but do remember contacting the company to cancel it when I first saw the charge. I just spoke with Customer service at Sahalie and told they could not do anything because the program was operated by an outside company. When I told them I never ordered this service they told me I was wrong, they had confirmation in their records. This, of course, is impossible to disprove. This is a SCAM, they promote the program as part of their company and then deny any responsibility for these highly unethical practices. Their refusal to advocate for their customers indicates they are complicit. I uploaded a pdf of this SCAM as they are currently promoting it. It does explain that there will be a monthly charge, but the blue box, likely to draw the attention of most people mentions nothing about this. It also states you can cancel at any time, that is apparently not true either. It also looks like you have to actively decline the service by clicking "No, thank you". These are highly questionable business practices, if not illegal.