Chadwicks Of Boston Logo

Chadwicks Of Boston

Having problems with Chadwicks Of Boston?

500 Bic Drive, Building 4
Fri9:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Sat9:00 AM - 9:00 PM
SunClosed

Complaints & Reviews

Chadwicks Of BostonStay away!

Please, make your prices and costs for shipping a little lower and you will get more customers than you have now.
At the first time, I didn't notice such a high rate of return and shipping and didn't want to cancel the order because I desperately needed those pants. But to say that I lost a lot of money is like to say nothing. Of course, I will never order from them again. It's very expensive for no reason. I can't say that the quality of the received pants is worth this money I spent.
Reading their policies I also noticed that the returning is not a free option. And even if it's their fault, they will win anyway. Very convenient. But no, thank you. I don't want to be taken advantage of.

Chadwicks.comChadwicks is a fraud business!

From my personal experience I can say that don't trust a company which does not accept PayPal! Chadwicks is a good example of such a company. In my opinion that's absolutely ridiculous, especially in our time. Millions of people buy things online and we all know that there are numerous scammers out there and we also know that PayPal is the safest way to buy online!
    And a company which doesn't accept payments via PayPal automatically reveals its true scam nature! I took a risk and ordered from Chadwicks and that was the biggest mistake I've ever made! I lost my money and did not receive my order. Please beware and avoid Chadwicks, this is a fraud business!

ChadwicksScam

Do not order anything from websites which don't accept PayPal! I regret I bought from Chadwicks even though they did not accept PayPal, but I found something I really liked on their website and price was also nice so I decided to give it a try.
      My order did not show up, they refused to cancel it and there was no way to get my money back. I have no idea what to do and where to seek help. All I can do is warn others about this terrible site!

ChadwicksShipped Stained Merchandise. No credit for shipping out & return.

Chadwicks shipped merchandise with sewing machine oil on it front and back and damage to the lace. They refuse to refund the shipping portion for sending the damaged item and the shipping it cost to return it using their prescribed label. Poor quality control. Do not buy from this company. You risk losing money. It is not a convenience and the majority of their products appear to be NOT made in the USA, but this is also not disclosed in their catalogues.

Joanne Nolan Mar 10, 2012

how do we get refunded? so many phone call but no results... Better Business Bureau ? please let me know. Waiting since Aug 2011 for $69.98.

• Ac
            acolleen Oct 06, 2012

Companies are not supposed to ship DAMAGED merchandise. If they do that and it's clear that it's a problem with the entire line, which they did indicate in my communications with them, that they should eat the shipping for the intentional inconvenience to the customer.

• Ac
            acolleen Oct 06, 2012

The entire line is damaged. They knew about it before the ship date. That is why they should eat the shipping.

Chadwicks — Refund credit for 117.96

Order# c000494008, dated 8-9-2011; returned merchandise on [protected]; chadwicks received on [protected]. I...

Chadwicks Boston — No refund on returned items

I ordered $221.94 worth of merchandise on Sep 14, 2011. On 9/29 all but one item was returned and received at...

Chadwicks Of BostonWhere is my check refund?

Research shows :
          PNC Bank is the depositer Bank for DAI AKA Chadwicks. Account [protected]
          Headquarters: Pittsburg, PA
          Phone [protected] Email pnc.com
          EVERYONE!! CONTACT THIS BANK AND ASK FOR YOUR REFUND. I BELIEVE THEY ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR CREDIT CARD TRANSACTIONS AS WELL AS PERSONAL CHECKS DEPOSITED .
          Also
          Distintive Apparel Inc. AKA Chadwicks can be reached at: [protected]
          This is a auto-answer system. Enter Ext. # 856 and you'll reach their Accounting Dept. YES their Accounting Dept.
          Ask for your refund or credit

• Cy
              cyncyn54 Nov 07, 2011

I receive every month sale catalogs. When you request an item on sale it's no longer available. I asked the customer service representative do you have back orders, I was told no. Why send out the catalogs and you don't have the items? This is false advertisement. I was told by the representative the catalogs are printed six months in advance. This is ridiculous.

annonom2 Feb 15, 2012

SUCCESS!!
              I rec'd. a deposit for the check in question.
              Use this information and good luck

Metro Style and ChadwicksTracking Orders

I recently placed an order with Metro Style. Upon receipt of my order (missing an item), I attempted to contact them by phone. For two days I have been on hold (calls x 5) for more than 20 minutes only to be disconnected. You cannot get thru to this company - even by email. I then contacted Metro's sister company Chadwicks - only to get the identical voice recordings and the same scenario. I would not order anything from either of them as it is clear that something is not right. When I googled "parent company for Metro Style and Chadwicks" I saw where a company named Boston Apparel Group apparently owned both companies and according to the article in the Taunton Daily Gazette - July 2011, Boston Apparel is in a bankruptcy limbo as another company (Women's Apparel Group, LLC) under its umbrella have filed for Chapter 7. I called again today and still cannot get thru nor can I get a response via email. I would not even chance placing an order with these guys.

This seems to be the opening of Pandora's Box -- save yourself the headache. I'm sure there are other reputable catalog companies you can tap!!

Chadwicks Of BostonHorrible customer service

I placed an online order for jean leggings (2) in July. The only email I got was an order confirmation. So I waited for my order. By the time 3 weeks came I got no email of any order shipment so I phoned Chadwicks. First I couldn't even get through to a live person. I tried again. Finally after half an hour I got a man who indicated that there had been a problem with my order. I asked if it was on backorder. He said no that the items were no longer available. I asked why I was never contacted and he gave an "I don't know" answer.I asked if said items were ever going to be in stock again. He said no and I was livid that I was never told about this. This man just gave me a stupid "well I can't do anything at this point".
              Horrible. No wonder this company is going bankrupt.

Chadwicks Of BostonVery dissapointed

I ordered a pair of jeans from Chadwicks of Boston in May 2011. I received postcard telling me they had been discontinued and I would be getting a refund.

After 2 months I called was told Chadwicks had filed chapter 11 and I would get a credit by November. It is now December and have yet to receive anything. no e-mails no phone call, and no refund. I paid them with a personnel check they have had my monies since May.

I have filed a complaint with bbb. They are still sending me catalogs with there name Chadwicks all over the cover! I find it had to believe that a company like that can’t cut a $45.00 refund check to keep a good customer happy.

They just don’t care anymore!

Chadwicks of Boston
                www.chadwicks.com
                [protected]
                500 Bic Drive, Building 4
                Milford, CT 06461
                [protected]@myorderstats.com

• Ca
                    Can't return damaged goods May 10, 2012

Yes, I am trying to return a damaged bathing suit. The strap is disconnected and can only be reattached from inside the band at the top. Chadwicks just keeps telling me they do not allow returns of bathing suits. Apparently they send out damaged goods, and expect you to just keep them. I will not shop that catalog again. LD

Chadwicks Of BostonTerrible Customer Service and Refund Practices

I have ordered from Chadwicks before but it has not been for many years. Before I never had a problem, this experience has led me to the conclusion that I will never ever ever order from them again. Order was placed May 19, received May 27 and returned May 31 (the items didn't fit). June 12 I called to inquire about my refund as the items had been received at their loading dock on June7. After being placed on hold for 34 minutes, I was told it took 7 -10 business days to process refunds. June 20 I called again as I still hadn't recieved the refund. 27 minutes after being put on hold I was informed it took 3 -4 weeks to process a refund. I admit I got angry, raised my voice a tad and asked for a supervisor. The rep hung up on me! Of course, that made me a tad angrier. I called back and demanded a supervisor who informed me that it took 8 WEEKS! for a refund. UNACCEPTABLE!!! I'm filing a complaint with the BBB of Massachusetts as well as the state I reside in and am going to complain on every site I find regarding them. I am beyond angry now.

• Mu
                      Music Morrow Nov 15, 2011

I have ordered from Chadwick's in the past with no problem. Back in Sept. 2011 I ordered a dress in the same style that worked for me, different color. I was told the dress was back ordered to Oct. 4. I received one notification that there would be a delay. Since then I have heard nothing (now 11/14). I have had no response to my email to them. I made several calls and the #2 option concerning an order always says the circuits are busy and disconnect. Last week I tried option #1 to place an order. I explained my problem and was told someone would contact me. Nothing. Today I tried again. Couldn't get through to option 2. Option 1 said they would put me through to Customer Service. After 33 minutes on the call, I gave up.

• Jj
                      j jan Mar 25, 2019

Very rude customer service..I asked to speak the Manager and he said he was the manager.
                      Colors do not match to what is in the catalog.

Chadwicks Of BostonBAD ONLINE SHOPPING EXPERIENCE

STAY AWAY FROM CHADWICKS! HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. FALSE INFORMATION. NOT SINCERE.

I ordered 2 items from them in April 2011 for my college graduation ceremony in May. Even though, I was signed up as a user on their site, I never received an order confirmation but learned that it was backordered by logging into my account on their website. However, the item was on backorder for months (until June 2011 when my husband's credit card was charged and I was reminded by the order through him), so I DID NOT get to wear the items for my graduation ceremony AND due to my busy school and work schedule, I forgot about the item until the credit card was charged.

That made me check the status on the order on their website and it showed that it was being "processed". So, I thought "great", I did not need to worry about it. I was thinking, "okay, the order was backordered and now late, that's fine, I can wear it to another event." That was June.

I WAS WRONG.

It is now end of July going into August! 4 months! I have not received my order, I have not received a confirmation that the item was being processed, shipped nor that the credit card was charged. NO ONE told me anything. There was not an e-mail, a phone call or even just a simple automated e-mail confirmation about the process.

I contacted them and the representative, "Sally" (I wouldn't even consider them a representative, more like, pointless figures) told me that my item was cancelled after 60 days being backordered. I was FURIOUS because not any of the pointless figures notified me! No one even explained why the credit card was charged and why my order showed processed and shipped. They tell me a "story" that my order was cancelled and that I should place a new order. BULLCRAP!

I am still in the process of getting this straightened out. But I wanted EVERYONE to know how they run their business. I demanded for my orders to be shipped or give me my full refund. I told them their apology was not sincere nor accepted. I told them to not give me any excuses about their system giving errors on the orders. I have worked in customer service and I know things can get resolved if they were truly sincere and legit. BUT THEY ARE NOT. I wanted no explanation, it is TOO LATE for that. I now wanted my orders shipped to me or a refund. I will be letting everyone know about my experience and make sure Chadwicks horrible service is known.

• Th
                        The Frugal Fashionista Nov 02, 2011

I ordered 5 items, paid extra for express shipping and 3 weeks later, still don't have the complete order. The phone center associates can't find the order, my card was charged TWICE and the tracking # given for UPS shipment is invalid. I asked to speak with customer service only to be told they were "closed for a week". I was then hung up on. After complaining to the Boston BBB and the AG's office, I found out that Chadwicks creditors forced them into Chapter 7 Bankruptcy. Chadwicks fought it and it was converted to Chapter 11, allowing them to do business while restructuring. The BBB says they are closed but they are operating under the name Distinctive Apparel Group, 42 Thomas Patten Drive, Randolph, MA. After all the BS they put their customers through, I got a catalog from them in the mail today! It looks like they're continuing to sell merchandise they don't have, can only do back order, while ignoring customers they either owe refunds to or merchandise. I'll never order again.

Chadwicks Of Boston — Stay Away

In early March 2011 I received an order that I placed with Chadwicks - seven items were received on that...

Chadwicks Catalog — Cannot stop catalogs

For 9 months I have tried to get Chadwicks to stop sending me catalogs. This may seem like a minor matter...

Chadwicks.comSave yourself the frustration, don't order from Chadwicks

I have been trying, UNSUCCESSFULLY since March 2011 to get my refund of $114.21 from Chadwicks for some items I returned. I was told, a number of times, that the items were in the process of being shipped. Then after calling back 4 times I was told my order got lost when they converted over to a new system. I was then told 3-4 times that my check was in the mail. I contacted the Mass Attorney Generals Office and the Better Business Bureau of Mass Bay and added my complaint to the list of the customers who are struggling to get resolution. In mid-July I find out the company is going through bankruptcy proceedings and that I'd have to wait an additional 45-60 days before they 'can get back to me.' Surprisingly last week I received another catalog in the mail from them. It's sad that they can keep my money and cry broke, yet continue to send out catalogs.

Save yourself the frustration. Don't order from Chadwicks!

• Ci
                          Ciblier Oct 19, 2011

After waiting for months for a refund on items I returned, I was just told they changed their computer system so they have no information and so I would have to submit all bills, receipts, etc. in order for them to RESEARCH the issue. Very frustrating. Even though I kinda like their stuff I won't be ordering from them again.

• Da
                          Damieler Nov 08, 2011

They are rip off artists!!! DO NOT ORDER FROM CHADWICKS!!! You won't get what you ordered or a refund. Their "computer system" is always having problems and you can't get in touch with someone who can help you. What they are doing is criminal!!! STAY FAR AWAY FROM ANYTHING HAVING TO DO WITH THIS STORE.

• Pa
                          Patricia0306 Jan 04, 2012

Have you rec'd your refund yet? I've been waiting on $159 since August 2011. How can we get our money?

Joanne Nolan Mar 10, 2012

I have also been waiting since august 2011 for my refund of $69.98. made several phone calls and keep getting the same response, sorry still waiting for our warehouse to scan all return items in our system. they will get back to me ! I want to know when? What recourse do we have? any body get results? frustrated...Joanne

• Pa
                          Patricia0306 Mar 12, 2012

I have finally heard back from Chadwicks. I sent an email to [protected]@chadwicks.com & they replied back. They have given me credit instead of a refund. I haven't ordered anything yet.
                          Try emailing & let me know what happens.

• Bo
                          Bonnie Laughlin Apr 18, 2012

On Oct. 29, 2011, I sent check (#9043 amount $169.97) and order for a pair of dress slacks, matching jacket, and a leather jacket. This check cleared my bank on December 14, 2011, and I have a copy of the front and back of the check. Having not received order or head from Chadwick's I called December 15, 2011, about status of order as I was going to be out of town for a couple weeks for Christmas break. I was told the dress jacket was no longer available so I cancelled the dress pants and requested a refund. I was told the leather jacket would be shpped Jan. 4, 2012. Waited a couple of weeks after Jan.4 and called back. Was told the leather jacket was not available for the remainder of the season so I cancelled the order and requested a complete refund ($169.97) as I had not received the first refund. Was told it would take a couple of weeks as the "system" was down and had been down several months. I received a leather jacket in mail Jan. 20, 2012, and returned it Jan. 24, 2012. This passed Friday, April 13, 2012, I received a letter stating "returned merchandise was received within 31-60 days of the purchase date..." and that I had a merchandise credit in the amount of $93.49. The return form I sent back with the merchandise stated to allow 30 days for refund. I do not have any desire to shop with Chadwick's again; therefore I am requesting a full refund of $169.97. ALSO, Operator #3216 is very unprofessional and rude. She would not allow me OR my husband to speak on the phone without interrupting. After my husband got on the phone and asked her to "please listen" she kept interruping and hung up on him. If this conversation was recorded, her supervisor needs to hear it and she should be seriously reprimanded.
                          Thank you for your attention to his complaint but your positive response for my request for a full refund will be greatly appreciated.

Bonnie Laughlin, 1521 Alexander Circle, Lake Village, AR 71653, [protected]@yahoo.com [protected]

Chadwicks — Crooks

Very cheap clothes made in sweat shops in China and they won't take returns. Product arrived dirty and...

Chadwicks Of BostonUnauthorized charges

I returned a lot of items to chadwicks and they didn't process the returns. They are still charging my credit cards and they have the merchandise.

• Ju
                            Julane Jan 20, 2012

I cancelled an order 9 weeks ago, the order came anyway, I returned it immediately and last week they charged my credit card for it. If you get someone to answer the phone, as I did, and explain the problem, they put me on hold...after 35 mins I hung up and called again and of course, NO ONE ANSWERED THE PHONE...I am fed up and thinking about contacting my attorney about suing them...This is no way to run a company!!! My favorite part of all this is they continue to send me catalogs...send me my money!!!

Chadwicks Of BostonUnauthorized billing

I have been a Chadwicks customer for over 15 years. In recent months they have started charging me $25.00 "late fees" because they say that my payment is arriving one day past the due date. I always send my payments 5-8 days ahead of the due date. The San Antonio payment Center is typically a three business day mail journey. When I get assessed a late fee, then my interest rate zooms!

Chadwicks recently sent me a "gold card" membership account card. I didn't request this. It was sent due to my good credit standing and low balance. Instead of being treated like a "gold card" member would expect, I'm being preyed upon. Chadwicks knows that their customers cannot prove what day their payment arrives so, on that simple and convenient premise, they stick a fork in your backside!

Also, a phone payment is an additional $5.00 fee! I am closing my account and giving potential customers fair warning-this has become a predatory company that you need to avoid!

• Kr
                              kristiwistin Nov 15, 2011

You have never returned an e-mail, and I've written you five times. I've called twice and been told my item was being shipped, but that was 2 months ago (the first time I called) and 5 days ago. Does your "contact us" email form not work? Is the person who answers emails on vacation? Just let me know something.

• Se
                              SEMIcustomer Dec 04, 2011

This company really ticks me off. When you place an order, you discover that the majority of the items are not in stock. They give backorder ship dates that are incorrect. They will then cancel the backorder without notifying you. I had a large order that I was waiting for items from. Finally after 2 months I called them, only to discover that they had cancelled the order without notifying me. I had some returns I had been holding so that I could ship them all back together if the new items were not suitable. Their policy is to not refund your money if the items are more than 60 days old. I thought that they should accept the returns because I had been waiting for items that they had cancelled without notification. I called their customer service line and waited on hold for more than 30 minutes, to discover that the person could not help me, and that I needed a "different customer service" that I would have to be put on hold again for. After 39 minutes of being on hold a second time, I gave up. I tried recalling, and gave up again after more than 30 minutes on hold. I also emailed customer service twice, and received no response. I will NEVER order from this company again.

Savannahrose Mar 26, 2012

I am in the process of trying to get a refund from an order that was placed on 1-13-12 and was never shipped to me. Customer service supervisors have hung up or disconnected me on three different occasions. I have made five calls to try to get my money back and I'm extremely frustrated. Don't order from Chadwick's of Boston or Metro Style.

• Mo
                              MottsPatti Feb 05, 2013

I have done a little research on my own. Distinctive Apparel Inc is the owners of Chadwicks and Metro Style. They rip people off. I have emailed them at [protected]@chadwicks.com for a refund I was due, because they over charged me. I really hope they refund me within the next 30 day or my attorney will begin the paperwork and sue for extra money. This can be done do not allow the simple customer service reps or supervisors tell you otherwise. They make promises they can not keep. I never received my package they told me to contact my post office. I am the customer with a lost package that is their job. NEVER again will I ever buy from these companies.