Ryan Homes / nail pops

Ohio, United States Review updated:

I purchased a townhome from Ryan Homes 3 years ago. The townhome was brand new. Everything started off fine but I quickly noticed what a cheap job they did. Within 6 months of living there I noticed nail pops in every room of the house. I contacted Ryan and they said that at the one year check up everything will be fixed and I wouldn't have any other problems. Service was completed but less than 3 months after issues was corrected nail pops came back and came back worse than the first time. Most nail pops are in the same exact spots as before and now I see new places. They are literally protruding through the walls and ceilings. I contacted them because obviously the repairs and initial building was done poorly. They said there was nothing they can do. I am very upset with Ryan Homes. I feel like I was lied too and got taken advantage of.

Sh
Jan 13, 2017

Comments

• Ry
      17th of Jan, 2017

Thank you for bringing your concern to our attention. Nail pops are a natural part of a house settling and not something a builder can prevent from occurring. in addition to settling, moisture from humidity expands the wood frame of a home and the lack of humidity cold winters will bring will contract said frame; the drywall will remain in place and the result is often a nail pop. Ryan Homes does offer a one time drywall service in the first year in most areas. Nail pops will continue to happen as a home settles and seasonal humidity occur throughout the lifetime of the home.