Rushmypassport.com / Expeditedtravel.com / Unethical business practices

Expedited Travel dba rushmypassport.com
West Palm Beach
I contacted a merchant that advertises for you: "rushmypassport.com" or "expeditedtravel.com". They provide passport services. Their website has you fill out a form with basic information then they immediately charge you their fee. Only after they charge do they provide information about the requirements to obtain or renew a passport. I was looking to renew a passport for my 15 yr old and immediately after I payed I sent an email to cancel because I realize I was lacking a necessary form. The company kept a $50 cancellation fee. My point is that they never initiated a service since I never mailed the forms and passport for them to provide the service and that they only disclosed the requirements after they collected the money. Their position is that I should have known the requirements before I even came to their website and that is my fault I cannot comply and that they are charging a cancellation fee although the service was never initiated.
Their practices may be illegal and if not they are highly unethical. Their website advertises that they have been featured by you. Such an unethical company should not be listed and recommended by a trusted site like yours.

A  17th of Mar, 2009 by
Such unethical business practices should be investigated. The INTERNET opens the door to unethical business practices, this would never happen in person.
A  26th of Mar, 2009 by
Any company performing any form of business should have a code of conduct to adhere to. Unfortunatley with your experience this company seemed to lack that. It is too easy for online businesses to take advantage of the consumer, and it is unpleasant for me to say this I'm sure that you have learned your lesson when trusting online compaines. But in all seriousness any company that treats its customer with such disregard should be exsposed. So thank you for taking to place your complaint because it has allowed to make a desicion in trusting my valuable documents and hard earned money with their corporation.
A  20th of Apr, 2009 by
I recently used rushmypassport and they took $350 from me and did not deliver a passport! This company is a nightmare. If you do a Google search for rushmypassport and fraud, you'll see what I mean. I wish I'd done that first! Definitely go to a passport office if it's at all possible! Just call for an appointment first. Even if you have to drive 5 hours to get there, at least you won't be handing over all your confidential information to a fraudulent agency that can use it for identity theft. And you'll get your passport on the spot! I would cancel a trip before using rushmypassport...

Good luck.
A  1st of Dec, 2009 by
I applied for a visa and only after I paid the fee did I find out that I needed firefox on my computer. The "helper" that called me said that was a requirement of the Nigerian Embassy. Funny thing, I was able to get the visa thru another company without firefox.
When I asked to cancel, they said i was too late and that the 24 hour cancellation notice is all over their web site-WHICH IT IS NOT! Then the had the nerve to say that they could not refund because they make a reservation for expedited visas with the department of state and if someone passes, they lose that business. They said they have a limit. I called the department of state and they said that was absolutely not true.
When I complained to American Express regarding the charge, they said they would contact them and try to get a refund. These people actually lied about the details of what happened. Unbelievable. The only publicity they should get is how big a fraud they are.
A  24th of Jul, 2011 by
We were told that our payment to RushMyPassport would be refunded because in our particular case an expediter could NOT be used. Three months later--still NO REFUND. These people have cheated me, and I assume numerous others, out of $250+. I'm surprised that more recent comments than 2009 have not appeared here.
N  18th of Feb, 2014 by
I had the same experience with them. After I filled out the basic information about my daughter's passport application, they charged me before providing me the detailed requirement. I called the service right away. The so called passport specialist was very rude and told me that he could not do anything. I have to wait till the weekday to cancel my order. When I contacted them and received the refund form later during the weekday, the email said I was not qualified for the refund because I have already spoken with their passport specialist and agreed the service fee was non-refundable. "The fee we charge is for the expediting reservation that we hold on your behalf. Due to the limited number of available reservations, we were not able to accommodate another customer's request for that day." It is ridiculous because I called to cancel immediately and there was no service provided at all. I have to ask my credit card company to dispute the charge.

RushMyPassport.com Logo RushMyPassport.com