Rural King / service from rural king in tiffin, ohio

Tiffin, OH, United States

On Thursday, May 4, 2017, at approximately 6:30 pm my husband and I entered Rural King in Tiffin, Ohio with plans on purchasing an FS 56 RCE weed trimmer. After searching throughout the store to locate someone to assist us, we were then assisted by someone who didn't have any knowledge on what gas to put in it. After waiting for the employee to come from the back of the store where he was getting help, he then informed us that he could not sell us the weed trimmer because he didn't have the certification to start it. We then spoke to the manager who informed us that the certified person called off work and she would not sell it to us. She said, " I would sell it to you, but I don't know how to start it". As a manager shouldn't she be knowledgeable on what is in her store. She then informed us to come back during normal working hours. What kind of customer service is this? We also work during "normal" working hours and are not able to come during the day. So from 4:00 to 10:00 any STIHL equipment that needs to be started before sold will not be sold. She then said, "sorry, hope you have a good evening". Just wanted to inform STIHL that you lost a sale and I'm sure there have been other sale losses.

Do