Royal Holiday Club / scam!

Mexico Review updated:
3.55

This company is a scam!! I am hoping that someone out there might be able to help. We were on vacation in mexico april 2007. We received this vip invite, and although we tried to turn it down, we were persuaded into attending. As always these presentations give you false hope and expectations, and I knew that. At the end we said we couldn't afford it and again, was pushed into a meeting room. After going over everything we thought well maybe if there was a trial package. We were given a smaller package but it wasn't a trial. We are now stuck with this for 30 years and will never be able to use it. We were told we could use rci, and I expressed no interest in rci because of the additional cost. They said they pay for the membership... Lie. They said you can put it for rent, well I tried that and before you can put it up for rent you have to have at least 300000 credits per year and have recently upgraded by 10000 credits... Deception!. These are only two of the lies and deceptions we have been subject to. I have written many emails to the company asking for some compensation, but of course no response. I have recently lost my job and we have to move 3000 miles to take care of elderly parents. We don't have the time, money or patience to use this. I don't care about the money lost so far, I just want to get rid of it. Does anybody have any words of advice?
Ta

Comments

Vi
  1st of May, 2008
They are more than an scan, they are just thief.
Vi
  10th of May, 2008
I have been trying for the last 8 years to end this nightmare with RHC. I get phone calls weekly and they have even called my workplace wanting me to pay up on membership. I have written letters and tried desperately to get out of this contract & count the loss of $5, 000 a big life lesson. How can we get the word out (on a greater scale) to warn the American public of RHC lies and deception and terrible customer service?
An
  14th of May, 2008
Try to read the terms and conditions to see if you can find any clause saying that you're able to cancel with a bit of penalty or something. If not, bring this to the BBB's attention as well as the state's attention, file a formal complaint. This does not take too long at all, make sure you cc' Royal Holiday Club so that they are well aware of your action. I am too being scammed into purchasing a vacation package which I work hard on disputing. Gosh, now I think about it, I wonder if they are the same company just different name. Don't fall into any trap SUMMER BAY vacation set up for all the innocent consumer out there.
Ja
  12th of Nov, 2008
If you have a Royal Holiday membership and just want to get from under it you might want to do what I did. First of all, don't even try to sell it or have someone else sell it for you. You'll just be scammed again. It's probably not worth anything. I tried to donate it to one of the on-line charities and they didn't want it if there weren't any paid up point value. I put it on craigslist under "free" stuff. All I was asking was for someone to pay the $500 transfer fee and take over the membership. I soon had several parties interested. Awoman in British Columbia, who already had Royal Holiday points, took it off my hands. Don't mention any dollar amounts in your craigslist ad as their software will pick that out and booth your add. You really are giving something for free----the buy-in price. Good luck. You will feel so much better once this monkey is off your back. Just have to forget about all the money you spent on the buy-in.

Royal Holiday Vacation Club Logo Royal Holiday Vacation Club