Royal Holiday / royal holiday scam visitor in nassau

On May 8 2007, we went to Nassau for 3 days vacation. I attended a seminar at the Wyndham Nassau Resort hotel which was arranged by an organization named as "Royal Holiday". A sale representative & sale Manager tried to sell us a holiday package. It should be an half an hour presentation with no obligation to purchase anything. However, the sale team hold us for 4 hours until we joined a trial member package. The sale representative told us that with this package, we will pay a fixed hotel price for 7 years everywhere around the world that we want to take our vacation. It sound good...
We did not see the package until I signed the contract agreement. When we returned to the hotel, we reviewed the package contents and realized that, the package did not indicate the same deal with the fixed hotel price as sale representative told us.

On next Morning(5/9/2007), I went to the sale office and tried to see the sale manager. No one let me to talk to the manager. I had to talk to a female clerk who did not want to identify her name. I requested to cancel the contract ( in the contract indicated that I have 30 days to cancel this contract with full refund). She was denied and ignore my request. I requested for a contract cancellation form and the requested her to put a cancellation on my contract. However, she told me the contract was already sent out to the main office. I had to put my request in a piece of paper with my signature. I requested her to put a time stamp with her signature to acknowledge my cancellation. She hesitated to do that. I was refused to leave the office until she did that. However, she refused to write her name along with her signature. I returned the whole package and asked her to check the content of the package and signed to accept my return package. I told her that since this package was cancelled, I denied to make any payment.

When I returned to US on 5/9/2007, I called my credit card company to dispute any charge that submit on the behave of Royal Holiday as part of this contract. When I received the credit card bill, the charge was on my bill with the posted date of 5/22/2007 for the amount $775.00 I also received another bill from "Monterey Financial Service in California in reference to this contract for the amount of $156.25.

I don't know if these group of people working at Wyndham Nassau Resort are really represent Royal Holiday. The contract did not have the Business address, phone number and the manager who signed the contract did not have his name on the contract. Anyone who plans to travel to Carribean. Please be aware of this scam. Do not waste your time to attend this seminar. It does not worth. Please think twice before you attend this seminar.

Kr

Comments

• Di
      2nd of Sep, 2009

My husband and I were caught in this scam also in 2008. We have refused to pay them any more monies as their incentives have turned out to be utter lies and deception. We have indicated to our Bank to charge back any payments from them. They have called our home leaving threatening messages etc. and I have indicated to them that I would be visiting the Bahamas and advising every prospective client who enters the Wyndham Hotel about their trickery. That was last month and since then I have not heard from them again.
    Have you gotten anywhere with dealing with them?
    Denyse