Route 22 Toyota Hillside / free tank of gas scam

After I contacted the dealership on a Monday for a Honda Ridgeline, their phone rep Joaquin (Wakeem) called me EVERY DAY when I agreed to come on Thursday of that week. Wednesday's phone call was to tell me they have a special offer. Everyone that goes on a test drive gets a free tank of gas. I show up 2 hrs after talking to Wakeem (drove 1hr 20 min, they knew this). The car was sold! Then the sales guy (not Wakeem) says Wakeem isn't even a salesman and he's never heard of that promotion. I did see the car driven away by a family, but the dealership was reluctant to prove that it was sold. The sales guy never even told me his name. Obviously I was going to buy the truck if I drove that far w/ my 5 mo. pregnant wife and 3 years old. This ### wouldn't even tell me the interest rates when I told him we have tier I credit. STAY AWAY FROM ROUTE 22 TOYOTA, ROUTE 22 HONDA AS WELL THEY ARE OWNED BY THE SAME COMPANY.

Va

Comments

20th of Jun, 2008

OK, let me guess this straight. You see the car driven away and that's not proof enough. Why didn't you offer a deposit to hold the car over the phone? Don't you think they want to sell the car? I wouldn't tell you the customers name either with all the privacy laws and Do Not Call laws.
    And you say Joaquin is a phone rep in your first sentence but yet you are surprised he is not a salesman. I would bet you got a rookie salesperson because in most stores if you ask for a manager they will know more about what is going on and go out of their way to help.
    As far as the rate goes, did you ask one of the business managers because they could tell you.
    And there is no reason to call the guy a ###. He's just trying to earn a living.

• Ca
      2nd of Oct, 2008

Listen Route 22 Toyota, Route 22 Honda anything Route 22 is owned by the same company. They are crooks and feed off of desperate people. I went in to purchase a used vehcile (Izuzu Rodeo) Look at the car, the sales person could not get it started. He asked for help, they brought the jumper out to jump start the battery, turns out the alarm system has shut down the car. After the papers was signed, I waited 3 hours to get the vehicle ready and I was wondering why it's taking so long. Turns out the took out the alarm system and if I want it to be installed it would cost me an addition $200!! Charging me for a sytem that was aready in the car.

A lot of people asked me if they should go to Route 22 aparantly they have been advertising, told them never to step foot into that place and I hope they get closed down due to the economy and everyone of them gets laid off!!! Hehe