Roto-Rooter / Price

Roto Rooter trains Services Techs well. Their employees at a regional call center are taught not to give prices. This is so the Tech can sell you at your home. You as the consumer are in a tough situation: you have sewage all over your floor, most likely have taken time off work, and have concerns about health issues for your family. To encrease the number of sales, usually, they will try a couple sales tricks to preasure you. Like assumptive close, "Sign here and I will get started" or "do you want me to bring my tools through the front door or back door". Or choice close, "do you want service a or service b". So, you go ahead and pay what ever is asked. To my knowledge Roto-Rooter is the MOST EXPESIVE pluming service to use in most cities. In the city I live, they have had three recent price increases. (PS: The Tech's pay for their own tools, van, and gas) In short, get an estimate up front for basic services. Or better yet, call three plumbers at the same time. Best of luck and dont be afraid to say, "NO!"

Comments

• Ti
      31st of Jul, 2009

I do not work for Roto Rooter and am in no way affiliated with their company. I own a small private plumbing company and I will never ever quote over the phone. No legitimate company will quuote over the phone. Have you ever had a car accident and called the body shop and asked how much it was to have the car fixed? I am pretty confident they will tell you to bring the car in so they can see the extent of damage and what the job requires before giving you a price.
    People who quote over the phone are scamming you with a low-ball price in order to get into your home. Once they get there they tell you it is not what you described, which is true. If you could accurately describe the problem on the phone, you would be a plumber and not need anyone else to fix it, and that is why you can't ever quote on the phone.

• Ro
      18th of Sep, 2009
    Roto-Rooter - RIP off of employees pay
    roto rooter
    Gainesville
    Florida

I worked for Roto -rooter and they were taking money from my check to pay my aflac insurance I was carrying and was supposed to be automatically paid from mt check- $400 worth and my policies were cancelled for no payment of premiums.

• Ey
      22nd of Sep, 2009

Please give me a call at 610-940-9099 to discuss confidentially. I think I can help you with this. My name is Eric Young and you can look me up at www.kemy-law.com.

• Th
      12th of Nov, 2010

Go to www.getmanlaw.com and check their current cases list and join the lawsuit...you may be entitled to any monies you spent while working there...Van, tools, gas etc

13th of Feb, 2012

when you have an ache or bad paid, does your doctor diagnose you over the phone?

• Pd
      13th of Mar, 2014

I agree.

Hard to believe there are so many strong reviews about them around the web. I will not be one of them. Mainly because my wife and I have been held hostage due to a hot water heater blowing out and putting our family in a spot. Is there ever a good time for such a thing...no. However to charge us nearly $1, 500 for a 50 gal hot water tank to be installed...are you kidding me? Sure, my wife had to make a call in a pinch while I wasn't available but that's plain unethical.

Call around, get estimates and if you're ever in a spot like us to get it done right away...call another company. Anyone else. I've since been making calls to inquire and no one has been over $900 even at their high end via a simple phone call to which most all said they were quoting high to protect themselves and offer no official offers anyway. I'm shocked and disappointed in the company.

Roto Rooter has lost a customer and created one that will be very vocal and very outgoing on social media about this whole ordeal.