Ross Dress for Less / in response to dirty stores

1 Tulsa Hills RossTulsa, OK, United States Review updated:

I work part time in a Ross Store, that recently opened in February, (Tulsa Hills Ross in Tulsa Oklahoma). Thus far the store is still in excellent condition, although we work hard to keep it that way! By now, it could easily look like other Ross stores in the area. Sometimes the calibur of your clientele and the attitude of the customer will and does determine how well your store will be kept up. This particular Ross is in a fairly new shopping center, and we are constantly complimented on the condition of the store. I always, always make it a point to thank them, and I also throw in a comment about the customer helping us keep this store in good shape. Now before we get the store in shape before the opening of the next day, we find merchandise all over the place. It would surprise you, or maybe not how disrespectful the customers can be to the merchandise and the store. I have all too many times seen shoppers drop their children off in the toy department while they shop, and the kids tear into the packages, and leave things all over the place! My mother taught me to put things back where you got them. It is the most simple rule to follow, and would go a loooong way towards helping the employees of Ross keep the stores looking nice. After all Ross isnt in the business of having a huge payroll, because as of late, management has been requiring us to be out of the store at night within a certain time period, and this makes it hard to keep the store up, when you have constant turn over and customers trashing the stores. It's not up to Ross employees alone to keep the stores nice, it is also helpful for the consumer to just simply put things back on the shelf or racks where they belong. Hopefully this new store dosent fall victim to the trashy store reputation that Ross has, because when it does, I will quit! So as a consumer, if you encounter a new Ross Store and it is in good condition, truth be told, if you do your part to help keep the store nice, by returning merchandise to the rack or shelf where you got it, or simply hand it to a store employee, it will really help them keep the store in good shape. BTW, we have some of the nicest employees, and we get compliments on the politeness, and the customer service we give the consumer! : )

Comments

• Bi
      5th of Sep, 2009

I completely agree with you. I work there too and always see how customers throw away merchandise and misplace them. People shouldn't always blame Ross and its employess, they better think first maybe the customers have something to do with it too... If most of them would follow the simple rule - put it back where u got it from - Ross would be clean and nice like other more expensive stores... Trust me

• El
      15th of Sep, 2009

People are truly pigs. If people would put there stuff back where it belongs half the stores wouldn't look the way they do. You can't expect a few employees to pick up and clean up after the hundreds of customers that flow through the store each and every day. Don't blame the employees, blame the customers.

• Ba
      30th of Dec, 2009

There are two Ross stores near me. An older one is dirty and full of people who don't watch their children and do not care if their children are dropping things on the floor. We just went and in the shoe aisle at the back you couldn't even get through one end because the entire floor was covered in shoes. I truly feel sorry for the employees and I watched as a mother was going down an aisle and her baby was just grabbing shoes and tossing them on the floor! I am going to recommend to them that they put up signs asking people to please put things back on the shelf and other signs that let people know that their children need to remain in their presence and be attended by an adult. They let their kids run around the store and it is so ridiculous. As a child I would have never even thought to grab anything off the shelf without asking and if I did I know it would go right back where it came from or I would be in trouble. Apparently the way people are raising their kids is lacking in morals, common sense, respect, and manners. The nicer Ross had less stuff in it as the Christmas sale just passed so we wanted to go see if the other had some stuff we were looking for. Luckily they did or else it would have not been worth it just trying to brave the people, children, and piles of stuff on the ground that people rudely leave. I understand putting something back randomly on a shelf, I am sure people do that all the time, but leaving it on the floor is just completely disrespectful. Plus then the shoes and merchandise gets dirty and the next person doesn't want to buy dirty things. Anyway, people need to be more respectful of any store and we wouldn't have to refer to it as "the dirty Ross" if other people wouldn't make it dirty. I even saw one area where someone's child (I'm assuming it was a child) opened a bottle of lotion and squirted it all over the merchandise on the shelf and all over the floor and then threw the bottle on the ground. So ridiculous and if I knew my child did that they would be spanked and made to clean up that entire area and apologize to the employees one by one. I am positive those poor employees have to stay there at the end of the day cleaning until everything is put back in its place.

It is not the employees, it is the customers. I've worked in retail and no bosses would ever allow employees to leave a store in a trashed condition, it is the customers through the day. And the employees can't walk behind everyone all day and clean up after every single person.