Ross Dress for Less / ross management

Pueblo, CO, United States Review updated:
4.3
I worked at the Ross store up in the Springs and I was one of the openers for this new store in pueblo. For once ROSS did it RIGHT! It was hard but the Manager they hired she kicked ### and got things done, people were trained right, they knew not to go home until the store was clean, they were making all their numbers and the store was super. Made all their sales with a smile on their face. I left that store to work in a store in Denver that treated customers like trash and you had to look in trash to find anything you wanted.
Point is the store will be good or bad only depends on what mamagement allows. If they get out of their office and walk the floor you will have a good store. I promise you there is not that much paperwork to keep you in the office.

Comments

Ma
  1st of May, 2008
i agree manager only like to sit in the office and the ross dress for less looks nlike ###.
Bo
  17th of Aug, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Bobby Cogossi to ann.petre
show details 2:10 PM (1 hour ago) Reply
I am not happy with my management, Shawntain Gomillion is a INCOMPETENT store manager, and she is a lazy person who is a liar. HOW DID ROSS/DAVID SILVERMAN a District Manager, and whoever else allowed her the position of a brand new store in Levittown, Pa. store#1130. I just dont understand HOW she got where she is today!!! IF SOMEONE IN ROSS HEADQUARTERS IS READING THIS, I AM ABOUT TO CONTACT A LAWYER. MY PAYROLL IS ALL SCREWED UP AND IT BETTER BE TAKEN CARE OF ASAP!!! Today I find out that Shawtain never put an inquiry about my payroll issue until Ann Petre got her on the phone!!! This has been a ongoing situation for over 4 weeks now! I am tired of the aggrevation and BS Shawtain has given me!

On Sun, Aug 16, 2009 at 9:46 AM, Bobby Cogossi wrote:

Hello my name is Robert Cogossi @ store #1130 Levittown Town Center, (associate #695307) 67 Thimbleberry Ln. Levittown, Pa.19054. My phone # 267-580-5259. I AM NOT ONE TO DO THIS...I have been in retail over 20yrs. I am greatly sadden to address that I have dismissed myself today @ 1:45pm.Aug. 14th 2009 due to the ongoing unprofessionalism, mistreatment, and disrespect that comes directly from the management team. I am not alone and I could guarantee you several other employees would COMPLETELY back me up. I was very excited to come work for Ross, I have bit my tongue on several occasion. Ever since the store opened the moral, attitude, and atmosphere is NOT all what it is suppossed to be. I had a bad vibe from the get go. From day to day schedules to no schedules being posted, day to day changes on how to to do things up front, no communication, disrespect, to requesting an FES manual which I never received on how to better understand my job, to my pay rate which is 1.75 less than the rate I was hired at and have NOT YET received a retro differential check. Employees coming to me about the way Shawntain, Nanci, and Demaras talk to them threatening their jobs an are afraid to say something cause they are afraid to get fired- Customers cursing at me at checkout waiting too long in line-the disrespect we are given in front of a customer and the list goes on. No communication-its disorganized-no wonder speed transactions are slow at the register. I don't know the true aspect of a FES cause the job duties and supervision I took on have been slowly taken away. Why? At this point the mangement does not care about nothing but themselves, not even the employee and the customer. My experience at Ross has been nothing but aggrevation and stress-for the money I am making its not worth it? I do the best I can when I work and the mgmt. is never happy its always a negative atmosphere/comment right from the opening to set the moral for the day. I called David Silverman on Aug 7th told him what was going on...no reply nothing! I called corp/payroll on Aug. 8th left msg. again no reply. What I am I to think? As per conversation with(Aaron)another associate(SPS) who also called corp. no one knew our pay was a problem and they we're not happy about the situations. There were comments made about the cashiers and myself directly and that "something was going to be done about it" was this a "threat" about my job/our jobs? The comment was clear from Shawntain. FED-X comes in, I page a MOD for a signature, Markesha(cash office/Cashier) is on the register, Shawntain calls for Markesha on the phone tells her to sign for it(not a mgr) Aren't all deliveries that come through the front door to be signed by a MGR? Am I not a SUPERVISOR? and am I not TRUSTED by my store MGR to sign for a package? What message are you sending me?What is up with that? I page for a voucher(no receipt) the customers always get frustrated cause now they have to WAIT (this is customer satisfaction?)..Ashley Diggs (stock supervisor) (not a mgr) comes up with a key at this point I have had a few returns in a row I get the voucher the customers address a comment as Ashley leaves... "Is she a Mgr?, she is not too pleasant is she, and I cannot believe the way she is dressed, with her pants pulled down below her butt a t-shirt, and a baseball cap on her head, I can't believe your company allows that.." What I am to say?(Actually the dress code really is not enforced here-other customers have said about other employees about their dress appearance) Well, I needed another voucher(no receipt) for next customer I page Ashley up she comes and goes directly to the phone next to me and in front of the customer and calls Shawntain...customer still waiting..."HE NEEDS ANOTHER ONE...Shawtain says" for the same customer" "NO" is the reply..."for what then?" I get the voucher and WELL at this point I am COMPLETELY EMBARASSED-the customer CANNOT BELIEVE how that went! So just in the past what 10-15 mins what impression Ross sending to the customers WOW!!-this is definetely not the first time this has happened! Well, that was it for me I am not gonna put up with the BS that goes on-its not worth it! I locked my register and went to the office and told Shantain "I quit." PLEASE, I am REQUESTING ALL MY CHECKS to be sent directly to my home address which is listed above. I do not want to go back to the store. Its a shame, this store will not make it if this continues. I hope this is addressed. Thank you, Ann for listening to me and as a courtesy, could you call me to let me know about my paychecks-I would GREATLY appreciciate it! Sincerely, Robert Cogossi
Je
  28th of Apr, 2010
On sunday I went to Ross with two dresses and receipts inside the Ross plastic bag for return. As I entered, there was a super long line. So I decided that I don't wan to stand in line once for the return and then another time if I decided to buy something. I saw some dresses that I would like to try on. I went to the dressing room and the rude fat woman (between 20's to early 30's) told me I cannot bring my bag into the dressing room. I told her she need to make sure no one touches my stuff and she said okay. But I can tell that look on her face that she didn't like what I just said to her.

As I came out, she was no where to be found and there was only one bag there, so I assumed it is mine cuz there is no other bag outside of the dress room. I ended up not buying anyting and decided to return my two dresses during the weekdays since it is always quiet and no line. I am a stay home mom. Today, I decided to go and return my dresses and I opened up the bag which was tied in a knot. I was shocked to find out that the items inside the bag wasn't mind. There was a pair of children jeans size 14 with brand name tag but no Ross tag and a super huge polyster cheap pair of short with a ross mark down tage of $5. My gutt feeling is someone must heard what I told the dress room lady that it is two really nice dresses and she must look after it cuz I don't want anyone stealing them.
Location of this Ross store is San Jose, CA located on Curtner Willow Glen area.

My worst fear happened on sunday. Someone stole my bag and walked out of the store since there is no sensor on them. Or my other hutch is the store dress room employee got pissed off at me and switched the items to get back at me.

I called to the store today and no one seem to care enough to help me. They told me that the store manager isn't there. I guess I have to take that big lost and return the polyester shorts for $5 store credit since it is not my item and I don't have the receipt to it.

This happen like around 2 p.m. at Ross. If you are corporate, you should make your employees are accountable for things like this cuz if it happen too many times, you will lose your good customers and attract only the bad customers. Deep in my heart is that I stil think that the Ross Employee switched my stuff to get even with me. I spend hundreds of dollars at Ross already. You wouldn't want all your customers to go to Marshall and TJMAXX. They carry identical products for similar prices. I am just a loyal customer and only putting up this complaint so higher mangement know about these kinds of issues at Ross.

If some Target can help friendly and polite employees, you can too do that!!!

Ross Dress for Less Logo Ross Dress for Less