Rooms To Go / damaged freight - delayed delivery

1 19Houston, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 281-990-8168

Where should I start. I purchased a new twin bed with trundle and 8 drawer dresser with mirror for my 13 yr old at RTG Kids. The I purchased a dresser, 2 night stands and a mirror for MY room in the Adult section. First of all they charged me 2 different delivery charges because "they are 2 different stores under one roof". $170.00 total and I was told they had to do that because they would have to be delivered on separate trucks. (Mind you I paid for express delivery so I could get it on Monday) Well... they came on 1 truck. Fine. I'm still hashing that one out. I get home that evening and inspect the furniture and it has HUGE dents, gouges, scratches, some greasy marks that can't wipe off etc. I called the next day to complain. (I didn't pay for scratch and dent so I don't EXPECT scratch and dent). They tell me they can come and exchange the stuff but won't be able to make the delivery until Aug 26 between 3PM and 7PM. They called to confirm around 4PM saying that they were delayed a little bit and would be there around 6:30 to 7:30PM. I never heard a thing from them so around 9:30 I got my daughter to be and went to bed myself. To my shock and amazement I am awakened by a phone call at 10:45PM and it's the delivery driver telling me he's out front. Mind you I have to be up at 5AM to get myself and my daughter ready for school and work (much like MOST normal working class families) so I told him to take the furniture and drive it up his rear or back to the warehouse it was his choice.

Well... I call the [protected] number today to complain, YET AGAIN and was told the NEXT nearest available delivery would not be until Sept 6. I argued a little about that and they finally were able to give me a delivery appointment of Sept 2. When I asked what they were going to do about compensating me for the time I've had to miss work making the appointments I was told they would not refund the delivery charges until I received my replacement furniture and was "satisfied with the purchase". Again... remember... I paid 2 delivery charges when all the pieces arrived on 1 truck. I am appalled by the HORRIBLE service I have gotten from Rooms to go!

Ma

Comments

27th of Aug, 2008

We ordered A Cindy Crawford Bedroom set from Rooms To Go back in MAY of this year 2008. We have had 3 deliveries total and still not satisfied!

I spoke with the Rep and told her I wanted the Media Chest replaced IN A BOX like the original. “Sure” she said.
    Well, NO!! It came “bubbled wrapped.” And YES the item was damaged AGAIN.

I patiently spoke again with another REP and made the same request. Please send the item in IN A BOX like the original, this time the item came wrapped in a moving blanket in the corner of the truck. Ironically I live 5 minutes from their Distribution Center.

There was 1 nighttable where the drawer didn’t close. They replaced that one and it was somewhat satisfactory.
    I also purchased a “Mosquito Net” that accompanies the Bed Set and it was mis-stitched by the factory, they said a technician had to come to the home and look at it. He said it was defective and we have yet received the item.

One bedpost seems to have termites or some kind of insect because there was dust accumulating in a specific area.
    And we DON”T have termites. The sawdust was coming from the inside of the closed and sealed post. They have yet to send out a tech.

Is Cindy Crawford aware of what is happening with the furniture that’s promoting her name?

I am beginning to think that they are taking items from their “Damaged Warehouse” and resending the same patched-up damaged items to other customers.

The Customer Service rep are not friendly if you have a complaint after another.
    I left a message to speak with a Manager and I am still waiting.
    While I wait I will speak with the store manager.