RockAuto.comdon't buy from rockauto!

I bought a part for my car from www.rockauto.com and when I made my order I followed all the instructions and I'm 100% sure I ordered the correct one. When my order finally arrived (delivery took a bit longer than I expected) I realized that part did not fit! I contacted their customer care and explained the situation, and their rep said that I probably made a mistake while ordering. I tried to get an exchange but they refused to ship me a replacement part. I told them that I wasn't able to use the part because it did not fit my car and their terrible rep said that next time I need to be more careful and check my order!! What a terrible customer service! Well, I'm sure I'll never buy anything from RockAuto ever again!

Ro
Jan 30, 2017

Comments

• Ka
      Feb 24, 2017

I'm a former RockAuto employee and I assure you that your problem and their unwillingness to assist you is standard operating procedure. The RockAuto catalog is chock full of errors so you stand a good chance of receiving the wrong part, even if you order correctly, according to their catalog. The customer service staff is young (20's) and often working their first job out of college. They have no automotive knowledge and, if presented two parts, side by side, couldn't tell a ball joint from a tie rod but all of them are earning more than $100, 000 annually. Because they are so well compensated, they figure they must be smarter than the customer and this attitude comes through in all customer interactions. They think they're smarter than you. Incidentally, RockAuto owns no warehouses. They don't own a single part. They rely on independent warehouses to fill their orders; RockAuto is just a middleman. RockAuto management understands that they treat customers poorly but, with the number of folks ordering online, they simply don't have to care about the individual. By making it nearly impossible to refund or exchange an item, they got your money and...there will always be another customer in the queue...

• Dc
      May 01, 2018

I just ordered a part from them, who knows if its right or not. Customer service, I think not, family owned and operated, I think not. The family is probably out to lunch permanently I could get no customer service, no questions answered, nothing, even the geek I talked to on the phone, he referred me to the website. He said I could receive advice there, WHAT A FREAKING JOKE, there was noooo one to answer my question, I had only one question, it was about a Ford engine, no problem I went elsewhere for the answer. If the previous part that was ordered hadn't been ordered from them I would have gone elsewhere. It only takes me one time to learn something new, and, what I learned from this is, DO NOT, DO NOT EVER ORDER ANYTHING FROM THIS SITE, THEY ARE A RIP OFF, AND CUSTOMER SERVICE, HA, there is none. So if you are looking for auto parts save yourself some time and just go to your local auto parts store, you will be glad you did and you'll come away without any headaches. RA, you are a jokebox, just close the doors and nobody will even know you are gone. Thanks for wasting my time.