RIU Hotels & Resortseverything that ruined our honeymoon

My husband & I have have stayed in most major resort hotel chains from; Iberostar, Melia, Bahia, Blau, etc. But never before have we been this upset & disappointed. Worse yet, on our honeymoon.
We travelled half way across the world from Toronto, Canada to Riu Creole in Mauritius to have our honeymoon ruined.

This is what ruined it for us:
1. Hotel was pre-notified that its our honeymoon. While checking in the clerk Nitesh confirmed that the hotel does special things for honeymooners & to leave it to him, he'll take care of it. He did nothing.
2. 3 days later our toilet won't work. Takes 3 flushes to flush 2 squares of toilet paper. Nitesh filed my concern & said he'll get it looked into it. I asked him about the honeymoon thing he promised. He asked what time was our dinner reservation & he'll take care of it after we leave our room. He sent someone to fix the toilet & it was NOT fixed. He did NOTHING about our honeymoon.
3. On day 5, my husband told me his dilemma with Nitesh. My husband had asked him to get him flowers/roses & add charge it to our room. He promised my husband he'll get it done & once again did nothing.
4. Then there's the horrible service from staff. Doesn't mater if you're having breakfast, lunch or dinner or where you're having it, you ALWAYS have to chase the staff down to get coffee or still water or a drink. Every hotel chain I've been to, the staff always comes around & asks what you would like to drink, except this one. One time the server brought me a mug of coffee, no cups, no milk, nothing to go with it.
5. One day we ran out of towels and called asking for towels. They said someone will bring it shortly. No one ever came. Had to use our beach towels to shower.
6. We kept getting wrong room calls from front desk.
7. Honeymoon ruined thanks to our mistake of choosing the Riu Creole.
Riu Creole, you've ruined our honeymoon, your staff needs to be trained that customer service is first & unless you improve your service & customers are satisfied, you will lose more customers.

Will never again visit a Riu chain!

Unhappy customer from room # 3048

Nc
Feb 05, 2018

Comments

• Te
      Feb 05, 2018

Wow. Those are minor annoyances. I think you're being extremely over dramatic when you say it ruined your honeymoon. Of course, you seem most upset that you weren't lavished with extra attention and free stuff, so maybe you're just really high maintenance and spoiled.