RHB Bank Berhadonline banking and debit card services

Firstly its about the dreadful debit card services, I have had 3 failed attempts on a payment of rm 326. Resulted my friend had to pay with her public bank debit card on my behalf, and it cost us less than 5 mins to get it done. Finally after 10 minutes I received the otp code (To authorise the payment) from rhb which sums up how bad their debit card services.

The next day, I planned to transfer the fund back to my friend's account, it took me 10 second to refresh the screen for every option that I have clicked (Tested on 2 computers and 2 internet line) , something must be wrong with their server! Though the real problem came when I was setting up my friend's account as my favorite for ibg transfer. Took me 5 mins just to get the final step and they asking for the answer to the secret question. I made 3 mistakes on the spelling/number of words for my secret answer (Which I thought will only be used to recover the accounts) , so end up my account was blocked! The best part of this is when I called the customer service to unlock my account, they told me they are busy and might have to wait for 1 day to unlock my account. I told her it was urgent and the best answer the operator could give is " sorry sir, I will titled your case as urgent"...

To rhb: for the love of the god, I make a mistake when setting up favorite account and you have to block me for 1 day ???

Conclusion: it's not the first time that I have encounter with verification issue when it comes to payment with rhb, and definitely not the first time that I have been blocked from using my accounts as well. The online-banking system and quality have been downgraded as the bank tried to increase its functionality. The customer service line has not been made toll-free as well.

To all customers, please do not waste your precious time with this bank. I am still waiting for them to spare me with a click to unlock my account, I sincerely hope that no one would have to share my pain. I swear I will lodge a complaint letter to the bank and proceed to closure of my accounts with rhb.

Xe
Jan 15, 2017

Comments

• Fr
      Apr 25, 2017

I have RHB online banking account. On 25 April 2017. As usual at every end of the month I have to do many online banking transactions to pay my loan and bill. I was schock after nearly ten attempts I was not able to do fund transfer.
    So I called the number shown on the website to find out the problem. The first called was answered by a lady which after few verifications she asked me to give my mobile number and will get back to me. Unfortunately she never call me back.Then I decided to call again.The second was not helpful.also.I was told after investigating the case, I'll get the answer within a week! I was shock to the limit.How could the it be? Isn't during the information technology, things like this can be investigated and be solved within few hours?
    To rub salt on the wound, the officer asked me to print screen the transaction and e-mail to the so that their Internet Banking Department can identify the problem.I asked her isn't it sufficient to just reaf to her the error code? To my dissapointment she insisted on having the print screen by e-mail.She said it is the procedure.
    She even threatened to hang up the phone if I dont cooperated.I am just wondering how RHB Bank train their customer service officer.
    After having more than one hour conversation via the phone I decided to go the nearest branch to do my transaction and I decided to close my account with RHB Bank .After 15 years being a loyal customer, I think it's about time to change and get a better service.