Restoration hardware / Incorrect merchandise one too many times!!

1 King of Prussia, PA, United States Review updated:

On several occasions I drove 45 min to Restoration Hardware in King of Prussia and was given the wrong merchandise. Not only did I waste time returning the merchandise but also gas. Just last week I purchased bronze loop rings for my curtains and noticed that antique brass rings were in the package. When I called the manager, she made arrangements for UPS to pick the rings up at my house and told me she then would send out the correct rings. . This is day #2 and UPS has not come to my house. I know that to resolve this problem I will need to drive 45 min again to the store. Restoration Hardware has nice stuff but I am realizing it is not worth the hassle to deal with this store/company.

Va

Comments

Ma
  15th of Oct, 2008

I can top that! I have over $20, 000 in furniture ordered since June of this year. To date, I still do not have it all, and the billing is all messed up. The store finally directed me to corporate, who I have to say, is more ignorant then anyone I have ever met! I am not a difficult customer, I just wanted nice furniture. I swear, where did customer service go! I will never buy from this company again!

Sh
  15th of Nov, 2008

Trying ordering online... what a bunch of liars.

They take your money and then only ship what they have in-stock... they never tell you the items are subject to backorder (from website: "Shipping date is set after order confirmation. Please allow 24-48 hours to process orders.").

They charge all shipping and taxes but the "expected ship date" is four months from now! If you call, they will offer to cancel the order... opps, you caught us excuse. Crooks!

De
  28th of Nov, 2008

I Hate that the Furniture that you guys brought was wrong. I build furniture for Bernhardt out of Lenoir North Carolina . I'm grateful that you are buying stuff that is made in Amermica. The Restoration Hardware Dining room Chairs are done by Bernhardt Furn. I am just a Upholster that hopes this stuff stay in the States, and not in China. When you get poor upholsty or the wrong stuff given to you . Give them Hell!!! Cause this stuff isn't cheap.

Na
  3rd of Dec, 2008

I have been waiting over two months to receive a credit to my Visa card for a purchase I returned in September. After numerous phone calls to customer service where I have been assured they will credit my account I just found out that there is only one person who issues credits to Visa and she is on vacation. They have the light fixture and my money for two months. I will never ever shop here again and will be sure to tell everyone I know to avoid this store at all costs
With the economy the way it is there is no reason the shop anywhere that does not have outstanding customer service!