Restaurant.com / Bad service

The day before my aniversary I decided to buy my husband a gift certificate from Restaurant.com, paid right away $40 and my aniversary was ruined, had to tell my husband I have bought something that did not arrive (nov 15), as his birthday was yesterday, though at least would be able to use it by them and invite him for a nice dinner. Tried to call more than 30 times, for the past 5 days, no matter what day or what time there is nobody that ever picks up the phone and you are always forced to leave a message (what I did not as I dont like to talk to machines) I also emailed customer service twice and no answer. NOW I MIGHT HAVE TO WAIT 45 DAYS OR MORE TO HAVE MY MONEY BACK... the good thing is that I used a wonderful company PAYPAL and They will help me retrieve my money from this company. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS PEOPLE, CUSTOMER SERVICE OFFERS NO SERVICE!

Ge

Comments

• Cl
      Mar 19, 2010

the certificates are not mailed to you, you have to print them on your computer. also, about not getting in touch with them by phone, check the no. had no problem calling them at all. some times a rest. will either go out of business or stop participating in the program, i had no problem redeeming a cert. for another rest. GREAT COMPANY...have many more to use !!!

• In
      Mar 29, 2010

The one time I purchased a coupon for a restaurant that had closed, they cheerfully replaced it with a different restaurant with no question or problem. I have purchased coupons for various area restaurants and had great experiences. You must print the coupons on your own home printer!!

• Lu
      Jul 02, 2010

I love restaurant.com. I just bought about 40 certificates and used my printer to print them out.

I have so far used 3 certificates so far.

I always purchase additional items, such as a cocktail, appertizer and coffee & dessert.

I am still saving $25 and have a wonderful full course meal.

The people that are complaining are probably the type of people that the restaurant can do without because all they want to do is spend the $25 and they will never return.