Resorts Anytime LLC / The vacation club and promises made are all scams!

1 33 Office Park Road, Suite 221Hilton Head Island, SC, United States
Phone: 1 (843) 341-3315

I was on Hilton Head Island, South Carolina, with friends in February, when my friends were approached by an associate from Resorts Anytime, who said that she knew a way we could get out from our timeshare maintenance fees, and get into a vacation club instead. She gave them free tickets to the trolley tour in Savannah, and free dinner tickets we could use on Hilton Head Island, with a promise of more "freebies" once we came to their office and talked with their sales staff.
One of the friends on the trip and I were timeshare owners, so we were the ones the sales staff talked with when we went in on February 25, 2013. They were so slick, very professional! In retrospect, I should never have agreed to sign anything when I was there.. I should have researched them online, and told them I would have to come back later, if I decided to still take them up on their offer. What they verbally promise in the sale room is not borne out by the paperwork they provided, and the Customer Service Manager, Rodney Yurco, has never returned my phone calls. I want to cancel and get my money back, and will be sending them a certified letter stating this. My contract number with them is #20331.
I was told that they could sell my timeshares, and that it would take an average of two to six months. I knew from previously talking with people who have sold Shell Vacations (owner of my main timeshare) that it would be more like 1-2 months, and I had planned on selling it through a licensed broker once I returned home. They convinced me (and my friend) that they would sell our timeshares for us, and that is why we should sign up with them. I would never have signed, if I had known they were actually not going to sell them. All they did was apparently turn it over to a related firm of theirs called Timeshare Partners of Orlando, Florida, for them to sell the timeshares. That is the firm they faxed over a timeshare advertising insert to. Timeshare Partners doesn't return any phone calls, either; I have called several times, [protected]. They said they would have their lawyer was going to call me to get information on transferring my deeds within a couple weeks after signing. That never happened, either.
I was told that their average timeshare condo weekly rental fee was $279-$460. Since signing with them, I have found out that in reality, the average weekly rental fee is much higher. For example, we were staying at the Marriott Grande Ocean on Hilton Head Island in a 2-bedroom condo, and in a recent email, Resorts Anytime said they were offering this for $3, 000 a week! None of the average weekly condo rentals on their emails come anywhere close to being $279-$460. I have seen a couple places in the last month on the emailed offerings that Resorts Anytime has offered for as low as $155, but they are nowhere I would ever consider going. Most of their offerings look to be leftovers. In calling around since returning home, I have found I could have gotten better deals on many places by just calling up the resorts themselves and made my own reservations.
In addition, I was promised a one-week timeshare from RCI, and that it would be mailed to me, but that has not happened.
They told us that it would take up to 15 days to be able to go on their site. They said though, that we only had three days to cancel. I felt comfortable going along with that, because of all the verbal promises that were made (and I unfortunately believed), to wait until I returned home from my vacation several weeks later to go online. However, when I did, it never told me anything about what was available, never had any information about my contract, and none of their website links worked. None of the links in the emailed offerings have ever worked. Since then, I have had the opportunity to go online and research Resorts Anytime, and most comments are quite negative. My experience is apparently the most common one.
At this point, all I want is the money I was scammed out of, $1795, as I feel I was sold a bill of goods, and I want to get the $159 annual fee to NOT be taken out of my credit card (will be due next in February 2014). I no longer wish to be considered a member of Resorts Anytime, and want nothing more to do with them.

Li