ReservationCounter.com / poses as actual hotel brand

Voorhees New Jersey, United States Review updated:

ReservationCounter.com is a SCAM. Be very, very careful when you think you're contacting the actual brand you want to stay with - you may instead get this company which is an affiliate of Expedia. I'm pretty internet-savvy and they still kind of slipped in there on me. They will overcharge online rate that hotel advertises and charge your credit card IMMEDIATELY. I've never had a hotel charge me until arrival. When I tried to cancel and get a refund online, it showed the reservation was cancelled but provided NO info regarding refund of money. What a time-consuming, frustrating hassle this was! I first called Wingate by Wyndham and was told to call Expedia who told me to call yet another number which turned out to be AARP (I am 38). Finally, the fourth call lead to a promise of refund and I was also assigned a "case number." (??) All this for a hotel reservation. Avoid reservationcounter.com

Ta
Jan 31, 2015

Comments

• Ca
      9th of Sep, 2017

I don't think they are an affiliate of Expedia. I booked through them, thinking I was dealing directly with the hotel, and the charge showed up on my credit card as Priceline, which I had not contacted.We canceled our reservations and have been promised a refund. I have an e-mailed confirmation; will wait and see if my card is credited. And yes, they charged my card at the time of reservation, something I'd never heard of. Total scam. Avoid at all costs.

• Ba
      30th of Jul, 2018

I just got off the phone after getting nowhere with a “Supervisor” at Reservation Counter. I too thought I was dealing with a hotel directly.
    My girlfriend stayed at the same hotel and paid $80 less for her 2 night stay. As with others, my credit card was IMMEDIATLEY charged when I booked. Lesson learned. I advise staying away from this site. Also ask the important question if you are dealing with the hotel itself. Shame on Priceline for being affiliated with them.