Reservation Counter / hotel reservation

1 United States

I thought I was calling the Hotel Reservation Counter. The person that I spoke to couldn't speak english very well and had trouble understanding me.
The room was posted for 139.01 and he said after taxes the total would be 163.09 and that is what would be charged on my card. He was supposed to send me a receipt but because he couldn't understand me, he got the email address wrong. I called the hotel to make sure the reservation went thru because I was making the reservation for the owner of my company and they told me that they got the reservation but they couldn't give me a copy of the receipt because I went thru a 3rd party. I didn't know that. I called back a couple of days later to get a receipt for the room and had them e-mail me the receipt. When I got the receipt, they had charged me $164 for the room and a the total charged was $190.35. I had filed a complaint and request for a refund of the difference but they said they have to review the tape of reservation I made to see if I am telling the truth. Be careful when you make your reservations, I know that I will in the future.

Ju