Renee's Bridal / Would not exchange or refund their mistake

1 Pensacola, FL, United States Review updated:

My 8 year old daughter was measured by Renee's in January for a June wedding. They knew the wedding date because they were handling the info for the bride. They ordered the dress with the measurements that they measured in Jan, not allowing for the usual growth of an 8-year old. Today, which is April, we went to pick up the dress, which by the way has been paid for. Of course the dress was much too small and they proceeded to tell me it was not their fault my child grew in the last 4 months and that I would have to pay another $150 for another dress. I told them that if they would have sized her correctly, allowing for the usual growth of a child, this would not be an issue.

As you can probably tell, I was not given a refund, and I am now the owner of a $150 bride's maid dress that does not even fit an 8 year old.

I would never use Renee's, and I did let them know I would let as many people as I could know about my experience.

Comments

2nd of May, 2008

Wow, I have shopped at Renee's for the last few years and have always left more than happy! I have purchesed formals for the military ball for myself, and prom dresses for my daughters. I even had to order a bridesmaids dress for one daughter. The staff has always been delightful and knowledgable-they're Great!
    In all dresses, the staff allowed me to make the final decision in dress size-who else? No one knows how my girls grow better than me-their own mother! Never a problem!
    My three teenage girls know when it comes time to select their wedding dresees they will start at Renee's.

• Ka
      3rd of May, 2008

INCREDIBLE! Found the most beautiful dress EVER! Kaleesha was a kind, warm, salesperson... I didn't feel pressured. She actually encouraged me to look at other places to see what was out there... I was quickly back to Kaleesha at Renee's. The salon is very boutique-ish and just lovely. You can look through the dresses on your own time. The staff is fun and you feel like they really care. The designer helped me redesign the bottom half of my dress... SHE WAS OUTSTANDING!!! Everything was so smooth and I would recommend ANY bride at least check it out...

16th of Jul, 2008

I had a bad experience as well. I agree with the poster. Not to mention, Renee is rude and stuck up. She acted so sweet around me but she treated my bridesmaids like crap. And the dress I ordered for my 10 year old step daughter was too big for a grown woman. I can understand if 1 or 2 dresses didn't fit and had to be altered, but I ordered 7 dresses total and not 1 of them fit my girls. What a rip off!

• Am
      19th of Jul, 2008

I worked for a bridal store for many years. I'm not on your side or Renee's I just thought that it would be good to have a different view all together. First of all I want to say their is no excuse for rudeness on either the Stores part or the customers. But seems that both complaints are about size. I think you should know that when it comes to sizing the company's that the bridal stores have to work with cut all dress in blocks size. It's hard to understand but just because they take your measurement that does not mean it will be a custom fit. The store has to fit the largest part of the customers body and just like most clothes it will be too big somewhere else. Sooo almost always you will need alteration. Fitting a 10 year old girl is even another story. We all know that a 10 year old can be as round as they are tall or taller and very slim either way the dress size may need to be ordered larger just too work for the length of the dress or In one case one customer is upset that the dress was too small and in the other one was upset that it was too big. All I can say is sizing is a very tricky thing.