REMAX LTD Select, Northridge CA / Terrible service!

REMAX LTD Select [protected]; [protected]. Can a Broker not be held responsible for her agents acts? According to Darlene (broker) she does not "mother" her agents. Roy Garcia, realtor, has mislead me in promising to property manage, free rental guarantee, 100% financing of loan and signed an agreement to pay a portion of the difference between my total mortgage (1st&2nd) and the monthly lease in excess of $350.00 just so that he could lure me to close a real estate sale. Furthermore, he promised to pay $500.00 as a referral fee for allowing his company to do real estate presentation at my house and inviting a party of at least 5.

He has been on default for more than five months and refuse to call me back to resolve the matter. He did call me once, and made promise to stay current in his obligations. Up to this time, he remains on default. This has caused me severe financial hardship.

He has also failed in his responsibility as a property managment and has not responded to my demand for him to release the current tenant's security deposit inspite of being notified that property management service has been terminated.

Comments

Be
  7th of Nov, 2007

Roy Garcia did the same thing to me... Roy had agreed to manage my property and pay the mortgage on my property (not the standard going rate for rent in that area but YES! the mortgage) until his management company could find me renters, including doing repairs up too code for section 8 or private party! well nothing was done except for one rent check for 1,550.00 YES! not the mortgage which was originally agreed by Roy himself (not the 1,900.00 mortgage) but the going rate for rent in the area which was like pulling teeth to get it! and the only way I did get it ... is because my brother frank worked in the same office and constantly hunted him down for my payment... S O, 19 months later...no more agreed payments to pay the mortgage, no potential renters and minimal repairs done that of course I was charged for.... and a loss of over 40,000.00 later! because of him my financial situation is in turmoil! and all this was agreed upon ''IF'' I would let his loan officer Carlos refinance my girlfriends home loan!

He needs to be held accountable immediately!!! He was a Remax employee!!! Ben Bray.

Yo
  6th of Aug, 2010

We have been a victim of this scam too. Maryjane Higa was the one who introduced us to Roy Garcia. She was all playing nice and flirty in convincing us to buy properties in Lancaster. They said we can buy more than one house and if it is not rented they will rent it out for us. Maryjane Higa as much as Roy Garcia deceived us too, a big time liar and deserved to be out of licensed too if she is. When we started having problems with our properties, Maryjane Higa started ignoring our calls. Once we got hold of her, she blamed everything on how stupid property mangement is led by Lilibeth Leviste who happened to be Roy Garcia's wife. Isn't that too lame? Do they think they are too smart for us not to know their lies? Their propoganda left us and I know alot of people in this financial mess. They promised you a better future and yeah right, they are only good when they see $sign in you but after their commissions, they are gone. Roy Garcia and Maryjane Higa can not be trusted, they will fool with all their sweet flirty smiles and a future in the bed of roses that is too good to be true. They are not after their client's welfare. BE CAREFUL...I HEARD ROY GARCIA & MARYJANE HIGA ARE STILL OUT THERE DOING BUSINESS AS USUAL! --------- Torrance Victims

J6
  19th of Apr, 2011

Those two con artist ruined my credit. I know a few more that suffered and still suffering from what they have done. Roy and Mary Jane showed me properties all over Lancaster. They could finish each other sentences. I just hope I don't see these two again coz I will probably be ending up in jail.

Co
  7th of Aug, 2012

First of all, why would you buy a house you can NOT afford!!! You don't need a financial advisor to tell you how to manage your finances let alone buy a house! You are not the only victim in this financial rut. Millions of people are in the same position you are in hoping to live a false American dream. My advice to you is to start watching the news and get with the current economic conditions. Realtors are salespeople trying to get the best deal thats their job just like any profession or career. Stop buying things you cannot afford, save your money, and live within your means even if it means living in lesser conditions. Start shipping at the 99 cents store and be smart!!! Good luck!