Regions Bank / owe money on a closed account
I had an account with Regions Bank about 5 years ago. I closed the account, and they even paid me off because I still had money with them. Well, about a few weeks ago, I've started getting calls from a collection agency called E. R. Solutions. They're berating me and just plain rude.
I talked to Regions and after pulling up old checks to find my account number and whatnot, they verified that I used to have an account with them. They also say that I owe them money. When I asked them what charges were on the account, they say that they can't tell me how the account went into overdraft. That's stupid. They expect me to pay them without knowing what I"m paying for exactly.
They refuse to talk to me and keep telling me to talk to E.R. Solutions, who are just as unprofessional. I've typed up a letter to send to E.R. Solutions. I'm going to mail it to them. The lady said that it could be a regular letter, but I'm going to send it Certified Mail. Where do I go from here? I'm not going to pay for an obvious mistake on the bank's side.
More Regions Bank Complaints & Reviews
- Regions Bank - scam and abuse! 
- Regions Bank - atm deposit not applied to account 
- Regions Bank - account closure for no reason 
- Regions Bank Credit Card / FIA Card Services - added unauthorized charges! 
- Regions Bank - notarized lien release letter 
- Regions Bank - representatives at branch
- Fia Card Services Regions bank - unethical, lying, no customer response
- Regions Financial Corporation - trust
- Regions Financial Corporation - unauthorized transaction
- Regions Bank - courtesy, but for whom?