Regency Furniture / customer service is the absolute worst!

United States Review updated:

I pretty much never write reviews no matter what my experience was however I would be doing a disservice to all consumers in the Washington Metropolitan area not to at least share my recent personal experience with the Brandywine customer service and manager Jim Graf. Let me emphasize that I am writing from my own experience however by the looks of all of the other reviews that I see thus far, many more have had equally unsettling experiences. I purchased a ‘brand new” headboard from the Largo store for my daughter’s room that fell apart before the 12-month warranty had expired. I’m not sure when good customer service went out of the window however when I called to get some help with this issue, I was met with what I perceived as resistance from the service representative Kelly and Jim the manager. I had already spent thousands of dollars on pieces from this store so you could imagine that I was taken aback by the responses that I was met with. If you’re expecting a rude abrasive interaction without any resolution to your issue and then getting hung up on, this is definitely where you will find it. Perhaps it’s a tactic to throw customers off, to discourage them from fraudulently asking for refunds and such however I wasn’t even asking for a refund, I just wanted answers and I wanted it fixed. At the end of the day, I fell for their scare tactic becoming defensive myself. You just cannot speak to your customers in a condescending way and not expect them to be offended. I have never had any issues with any other items purchased and the one time I did have a problem they would not stand by the product that they sold me, would not honor the warranty that HAS NOT yet expired but instead made it seem as though I did something to it. I feel taken advantage of and I’m sadden that a company of this magnitude would do such a thing to its customer. My final advice would be to purchase at your own risk. I will not purchase from this company ever again. I’ll go elsewhere regardless of cost. Sometimes you get what you pay for. Customer service just doesn’t matter here.

Cd
Jan 21, 2017

Comments

• Wi
      21st of Jan, 2017

First, no one has to be nice to you. Second, how did they refuse to honor the warranty? Was it a store warranty? Or a manufacturer warranty? How long before the warranty expired did you contact them?

• Me
      30th of Nov, 2017

I totally agree with you. They have the worse customer service.