RegCure / Fraudulent business practices!

Charged me $39.90 when their site said $29.90. My registration expired in one day and asked for another $19.90 to reactivate it, tried to contact the sales DEPT, no response. The program sucks it corrupted bunch of my programs. These guys are nothing but a bunch on Lazy Drug addict computer geeks who pray on honest people. Always use you amex and dispute your charges. Never use pay pal.

Comments

Jo
  14th of Apr, 2007

Regcure is a fake. I bought it last night hoping to use it this morning only to be told my registration has expired and i need to register for 19.90 to reactivate. DO NOT BUY IT!!!

Ba
  20th of Apr, 2007

Same thing happened to me... It expired within 24hrs and they would not respond to my calls for help...
Leave it alone for a while their PR is DIRE!!

Vi
  22nd of Apr, 2007

Great... just purchased Regure.

As yet everything seems to be ok, but hey did charge me the same as Zak Maz... $39.95 instead of $29.95 have emailed them to say not happy but I suppose that I will have to learn by experience and see if they reply!!

Mi
  4th of May, 2007

I purchased regcure approximately one month and 25 days before i lost use of the program due to expiration of registration. I then e-mailed their customer support a copy of the proof of purchase which they supplied me. This was totally ignored by regcure officials as they another request for registration renewal. There is no reason for this type of behavior except that they have criminal intent!

Ge
  15th of May, 2007

Paid $29.95 by credit card on May 14, 2007 to Clickbank (clkbank). Refund requested.

Cl
  20th of May, 2007

Regcure has done nothing but totally destroyed my computer. This group should be shut down, they even tried to tell me to ignore problems that regcure cant even fix, i am using a new program after formating my machine and all is good again.

Ka
  24th of Jul, 2007

The product (Regcure) is totally useless to me as it leaves my PC in a state that I always have to revert back to a restore point.

I informed the company of difficulties just FIVE days after I purchased it and now just FIVE days after the 60 day time limit they are refusing to make any refund even though it has proved worse than useless to me and they know that I have have severe problems on the only 3 occasions that I have tried to use it.

I see from online comments that many other customers have had problems.

My advice is do not buy it - Try others such as shareware Reseeker which I have not been using successfully for several sessions.

Al
  13th of Nov, 2007

I purchased a one year contract 9/20/07, now my license shows as expired

Ba
  22nd of Nov, 2007

I installed the free version and I could no longer log in to a remote computer. Un installing Regcure solved the problem.

Dr
  29th of Nov, 2007

RegCure sucks! Always reporting errors, fixing them, reporting that they are all fixed and in the end, if you rescan again it finds even more errors...

Funny thing is - RegCure has sponsored links on Microsoft... Just uninstall that junk...

20th of Jan, 2008

Thanks guys, i was just going to buy it, but after reading your comments, i definitely will not waist my money.

Da
  20th of Jan, 2008

Uniblue has worked for me for a while. Its a great program, and they offer software that works with your computer to not only remove registry issues, but if you get the full power suite it has a ram optimizing program and antispyware program that works amazingly well. I would definitely recommend using this as i run scans weekly for the last several months without ever having a problem. I think its $30-39 for the registry booster program, but if you buy the power suite program its around $80 total.

Ad
  17th of Feb, 2008

Regcure thwarts the registry, and erases my CD/DVD drive key. What a useless program; you'd think that with regcure, the program would know what is broken/empty/invalid, as opposed to working devices. Simply ignorant, unintelligable, and a waste.

I received an email to my query, and was given a bunch of automated options on how to fix the issue; and to assign custom cleaning; this is preposterous. A simple resolution would have been in advising me to correct the specific issue; this, to me, is amateur, and pathetic.

Ma
  20th of Feb, 2008

Ordered product have not arrived! Beware people!

Sh
  21st of Feb, 2008

paid for virus scan from bank card but nothing worked

6th of Mar, 2008

My license with RegCure and xoftspy do not work any more. I tried contacting the company several times and did not receive communication back. I was very happy with the product. A good product should have customer support staff. There is no phone number to call! So dont expect any feedback from this company.

Mi
  8th of Apr, 2008

I have downloaded the RegCure on Friday afternoon. I had (still have?) problem with nv4-disp.dll and reviews recommended RegCure. I ran the 'free' package. It discovered 2240 problems(how come that my box is still running?) and when I asked it to clean up, software 'replied' that it will clean only two groups out of some 8 found, excluding registry problems, etc., unless I 'register'. I tried to register and look! Here it is! No free anymore! Shell out 30 bucks or take a hike. So I shelled out. 3rd party payment company said I should get my license key in the mail. Why didn't I believe when it also said 'within 48 hours'? It wasn't late yet and the software outfit is in Victoria, BC so ther should not have been a problem to e-mail the key even if it wasn't automated. I minimized the screen requiring the license key and peened my e-mail every now and than to get my key. Nothing. So I wrote e-mail asking for it in impatiently. Nothing on Saturday, Sunday. Monday around 9:30 I was really anoyed and looked for a phone contact. Guess what, none, no matter how hard I looked. I googled the company (ParetoLogic Inc.) and got two numbers. No response on either one, just a prompt to leave message. I noted that it appeared like the same guy recorded message on both numbers. I left an angry message on one number pointing out that the delay is ridiculous, that software company should know how to automate this license key mailing after receiving payment. Just when I started recording the same angry message on the second phone, the e-mail with key arrived. I re-run the software (with a different number of errors found - how come?). Plugged in the key and whoosh, all 'errors' disappeared. Finally. I started to work again and guess what. My Inventor comes back with a message that it cannot open. I went to 'repair' it and it took 20 minutes to replace corrupt files from CD1 and from library disk 2. Now Inventor runs. But it gives me a warning that it uses non-approved display driver. So I will have to go again through the re-installation of the driver that is approved. Ok, I can work now. Now I need to paste something ito my Word. Oops, there is an error that needs to be fixed. It would almost open and through a several more error windows refering to macro activation permit being not present (even in new document) it quits. OK, I help myslef with Wordpad, unfortunately all the graphic features that I use Word for are not there. But it runs. Than I need to check some of my hand calcs in Excel - guess what. It has some sort error that needs to be fixed. The same window as poped up during the Word boot. Luckily, Excel loads and I can run my check and even save my file (!). All programs were fine until I have run the RegCure. I just can't wait what is going to crash on me next. I use myriads of software, FEMAP, Ansys, SolidWorks, Catia, if I have to re-install all of this as I had Inventor and will have to Office, I am in for a deal. And imagine, all of this for mere 30 Dollars! What a bargain. On top of this, I did not buy the software, just a license, that is going to expire in one year... I hope my article will help someone to be aware. I do not know where the good reviews are coming from, maybe the sole one-man owner (my guess) of this piece of crap is spending time raving about it on all the review sites to create image that the software is good. I do not know but it certainly does look that way to me. Truly yours.

Te
  14th of Apr, 2008

After reading your conversation I totaly changed my mind of buying that ### program! Thanks guys, I basecaly was suspicious about it as it sounded 2 sweet, it looks that there are lots of scam-###-program makers wrom garage labs who tackle our money, need to be very carefull what to download..
By the way if anyone gots an experiance? smth happened 2 my PC, C disk shows nearly full, therefore some time ago I had corel and other programs installed up there, now I removed lots of the programs, moved my documents and music away and 20gig disk is still showing full??? when I look at the properties of it it shows 19 gig is full, and few hunf=dred megs are available, but when I check the folders one by one I barely have 15 gig, where is my 4 gigs gone??? I defragmentet, and checkt it 4 viruses, end scaned it 4 errors, , but still cant find the problem...
would aprociate if anyone would give an advice
regards

Ni
  24th of Sep, 2008

OK, here is the scoop! DO NOT BUY NOR DOWNLOAD REGCURE. Do not believe what you see on those other
reviews, probably by them. I had it for a year. You can automatically schedule it to run and each and every time, it will claim to find errors. In fact, you can run it consecutively and time after time, it will claim to have errors.

It expired, I paid for the new subscription and it froze, it did not work. I sent an e-mail to tech support, ZIPPO, nada, no response. I asked for my money, zippo, nada no response. I downloaded Registry mechanic & it works like a charm. DON'T GET RIPPED OFF, DO NOT DOWNLOAD REGCURE!

Ol
  5th of Oct, 2008

regcure did not fix my computer. took my money