RegCure / Gave me a 'Trojan' virus!

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

I downloaded the Free scan from the Regcure web page. This promised to sort infections but instead, it gave me a 'Trojan' virus. I am not having any joy at contacting them to sort it out. I am now left with an annoying and very slow computer.

Avoid this company at all costs or pay heavily for not taking notice.

Comments

25th of Jun, 2007
    RegCure - Killed my PC

Due to the fact that my PC was running poorly, I did a google on how to improve the performance of it. I happened upon a site that highly recommended Regcure pc optimizer. After downloading, purchasing and using the software it completely screwed up my registry. I could no longer use applications and it could not access the internet. After 15 hours of trying to undo this I had to reinstall xp, then reinstall vista.

DO NOT USE REGCURE it will destroy your pc.

• Pa
      17th of Jul, 2007

Hello John,

Thank you for your email. Every computer is different so it is impossible for us to give exact information on this without knowing your system. Registry items listed on the error list can be invalid when associated with non-existing folders or files. However, some entries may be valid. It is recommended that you only remove items that you know are invalid.

RegCure is one of the safest removal tools on the market and it is rare that it will remove something that a user requires but it can happen. RegCure does create a backup and restores easily if something is found to be awry after a cleaning.

RegCure supports restoring backups of items that have been removed from your registry.

To restore one or more backup files:

Click the Backup button in the Main window.
    Select one or more backup files.
    Click the Restore button.

For Windows XP, you have an additional option you can select to ensure that a system restore point is created every time you perform a scan and remove. If you have Windows XP, click the Settings button in the Main window of RegCure and select the Create a system restore point option. A system restore point is created and you can access it by going to Start | Programs | Accessories | System Tools | System Restore.

You can send items to the Ignore list during step 3 of the scan process. The items are not removed and RegCure will ignore these entries in upcoming scans.

To send items to the Ignore list:

Click the Ignore link next to any item.
    To view items in your Ignore list:
    Click the Settings button in the Main window and click the Ignore List tab.

You can remove an item in the Ignore list:
    Select one or more items.
    Click the Remove Selected button.
    Refer to the RegCure help file for more information (click the Help button in the Main window or press the F1 key).

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance. For further technical support, please send an email to support@regcure.com and our technical support team will be delighted to assist you.

• Established in 2004, ParetoLogic is a member in good standing with the Better Business Bureau
    • ParetoLogic and its CEO have been the recipient of several awards including Entrepreneur of the Year, Emerging Technology Company of the Year, and Innovative Excellence
    • ParetoLogic currently has seven products on the market, several of which have received public acclaim and awards
    • ParetoLogic products are available in eight languages in seventy countries around the world
    • ParetoLogic offers a 60 day money back guarantee on all of its products
    • ParetoLogic has a dedicated Customer Support Team. Their genuine desire to help people out often results in them helping customers with general computer use and maintenance issues and has garnered ParetoLogic a large number of loyal customers

Kindest Regards

Coaling
    Alabama
    Phone: 205-556-7217
    regcure.com

Dear Sirs : I have had this program for two weeks and have not been able to use it yet. I cannot get n o one to send me the key codes and I finally got the confirmation code. But still have not been able to get any one to get me my key codes. that you and I would appreciate a quick response or I am going to turn this over to my credit card company. Thanks

Lee Smith
    15104 Honeybrook Lane
    Coaling, Al 35453

lsmith2843@aol.com
    I wish you would give me your phone where we can talk this out without any harsh feeling

• Mi
      1st of Apr, 2008
    RegCure - Wrong Information
    18 Tidor Way
    Waltham Abbey
    England, Essex
    United Kingdom
    Phone: 01992 760191

I was having trouble downloading Adaobe Acrobat 8.1.2 and was getting an error 1401. I entered this error number on google and Regcure software came saying they could easily cour the fault.
    I tried the free download but found it eas not free but decided to purchase as I needeed the Acrobat Reader.
    After downloading the RegCure software it ran a check on my registry found 750 faults said it had cleared them, but the same error message appeared when i tried to download the Adobe Acrobat.
    I emailed them and complained and told them I was not satisfied as they has misrepresented their product and all the did was to refer me to the Acrobat Forum

• Ki
      18th of Jul, 2008

I AM AWAITING MY REGISTRY NUMBER AND REFUND. WHAT WILL THE TWO EMAILSOF EACH BRING ME, IN THEIR OWN TIME FRAME, AS THEY CHOOSE TO . THEY TOOK 39.90 AND I ONLY AGREED ON 29.95. IT WON'T SEND ME ANYTHING EXCEPT RECIET NUMBERS, ALL DIFFERENT. THE ARE THEIVES FOR NOW, THEY STOLE MONEY FROM MY BANK ACCT. I WANT IT BACK, ASAP. IN THE ACCT THEY HAVE OF MINE. THEN THEY WIL NOT EVER THINK OF ME AGAIN, AND I'LL RETRACT MY STATEMENT ABOUT THEM, THEIVERY OR NOT! ARE THEY CROCKS? I AM WAITING, FOR ONLY SO LONG. LIEING THIEVES.

• To
      5th of Aug, 2008
    RegCure - regcure
    Regcure.com
    regcure.com

When run, (regcure), I have a program that is no long functional. The program has bible
    info in it, and various pieces of liturature. I have to re-install my program all over again,
    and since it has so much, (it is 550Meg). that has to be installed again!

I've told regcure about it, but, as usual, they DO NOT answer you back!!!

I''m also tired of so many sites with links to regcure. How can they have so
    much coverage, and a program be so bad.

• Wi
      13th of Sep, 2008

i would like a refund

9th of Feb, 2009

CRAP :@ IT LIED TO ME, THOSE ###.

• To
      5th of Apr, 2009
    RegCure - Unrequested Bundle Charges
    ParetoLogic
    United Kingdom

ParetoLogic bundled another item in with another item I purchase, at last point of sale without appropriate notification. I only became aware of this fact upon my reciept of the email which appeared to show I was sold an additional product that I did not request. Also costs quoted did not match final charges.

This is not good customer care or practice I have requested reimbursement of my costs immediately I am awaiting response from them to resolve this matter.

• Je
      6th of Apr, 2009
    RegCure - Unauthorized charges
    RegCure
    regcure.com

I ordered RegCure thinking it too was $9.99. After I was charged $39.99, I went back and re-read all the fine print. I emailed them to let them know that I ran it, & re-ran it only to get the exact same results. This is on a computer that I was not using because it continuously had registry problems, so I purchased it thinking it would help. The program did nothing! I found it through a crap cleaner program, it was an advertisement on their site. I went to Wal-Mart & purchased a Registry Cleaner. That has worked very well. Funny thing is I ran the RegCure got my results, then ran the Wal-mart purchased one got different results & cleaned it, and vice-versa. It does not matter when and if Reg Cure is run I have the exact same results, I emailed them again stating it was a fraud and said I planned to get my money back from the bank etc... No Response. So here I am out $39.99, and no one to complain to or get a refund from.

• Qu
      24th of May, 2009
    RegCure - bogus
    none
    Brooklyn
    New York

yeah, me too! and now that regcure says that my license is expiring they want me to renew which obviously i will not. however when i go to uninstall the product a warning comes up saying that if i uninstall my errors won't be fixed(all 111 of them) and i'm afraid this is techno speak for we'll f'up your system again. i'm sure the reason i kept getting a dll file missing problem after i installed regcure was because of regcure itself. i paid $50 to Dell's tech support unit and they cleaned my computer with something called ccleaner and now no problems but i definitely don't go back to regcure and as far as the refund, again, same story with me, no communication from them. all in all i say they're just bogus.

• Bz
      27th of May, 2009
    RegCure - New Problems
    Self
    Gainesville
    Florida

Be afraid. When RegCure popped up on my computer, it said it recognized 700 plus problems. After running it, it said I had to join to fix these problems. It said it was $39.95, and after giving them my info, it was, all of the sudden, $49.95. I think it's a virus. Nothing worked after it popped up, and nothing's working correctly now. Is this a scam? Someone please tell me who to contact to get my money back. I truly feel stupid, like many of you.

• Lh
      27th of May, 2009

You have to be very careful about opening those type of popups. Most likely, the one virus you have or going to have on your computer is from those popups. I serious doubt that you have 700 viruses...those the numbers those popups give you so that you can buy their product. If you serious get a virus from one of those popups, I would contact Regcure. Best advise is...DON'T CLICK ON NO POPUPS!!

• Su
      11th of Aug, 2009
    RegCure - malfunction of computer after installed
    Sheridan
    Wyoming

I have e-mailed and called your company for over a month now. I installed Regcure the 1st of July and had to have a computer company come over and undo everything as it totally made my computer malfunction. This is about the 7th or 8th time I have either called or e-mailed to request a refund. Please do this has soon as possible. I am owed 49.90 into my account ASAP. Please respond to this e-mail at scwieser@bresnan.net to let me know when I can expect my funds. Thanks so much. Sue Wieser

• 1i
      20th of Aug, 2009
    RegCure - Registry Cleaner
    ParetoLogic Inc/Safe-Cart/RegCure

RegCure crashed my comupter. But I got my money back and my complaint was that the cashier SafeCart took two payments instead of one and expected me to wait over two weeks to get my money back. I had already lost time and money getting the computer fixed and I was supposed to wait to get my money back. I don't think so! I used the BBB in Victoria, B.C. to push them to give me my money back posthaste. They did. Paretologic said: We have submitted the refund to our e-commerce company, Safe-Cart. However, it still must go through our transaction processors and occasionally other institutions which can add time delays. What "transaction processors"? What "other institutions"? Is this something that should be looked into in the way of "customer satisfaction" so that the customer is serviced better and well. It's a mockery to our intelligence. You'd think they would hang themselves on all that red tape. But the inconvenience is on us.

• Be
      23rd of Sep, 2009

Excuse me...but why is it that when I click on "CCleaner" in Google search, a FREE program, RegCure site pops up? RegCure is NOT free. They shouldn't have this program listed at ALL when someone is searching for free programs! Free download, whoopee! There was a time when it was easy to locate and download drivers too, now, 90% of the time paid programs pop up! There's very little "free" anything anymore. Money, money, money, that's all that seems to matter! I've bought and used this RegCure program and it screwed my computer up so bad that I had to reinstall my OS! Prime example of over the top advertising.

• Bl
      27th of Sep, 2009
    RegCure - Hazardous software

The download of the software was cumbersome and it took 40 attempts to obtain a proper download. Then when REGCURE was run it allowed me to properly register and pay for it and receive my license id. Then a backup, a scan and a clean operation was run to speed up my PC's operation and the s***t hit the fan. My laptop was basically inoperable, having lost the ability to communicate with the internet and the restore function would not restore to prior to the REGCURE backup. Fortunately I have a desktop I was able to use to communicate with REGCURE and for copying and transferring 'fix' files to my laptop. With the customer service fixes I was able to get back online but now have many parameters that are changed in my various softwares. The REGCURE software is highly dangerous to some computers as was apparent with mine, so beware, it can be a scary endeavor and not correctable if you don't have additional PC's and the expertise to use them.

• Re
      23rd of Oct, 2009
    RegCure - License Scam
    ParetoLogic

If you buy a license then wait until your existing license expires on all their producs including XoftSpy, etc., you will loose the days since you bought the product. The new license starts the day you bought it. So if you decided to buy a new license since you had extra money this month and even if you wait for 60 days until your existing license expries, your new license will start 60 days ago and you have lost 2 months of use. And, furthermore, when you re-license before the expiration, you have to unregister your existing license with some software package support provides. Not that the product doesn't do what it is suppose to do, the licensing is a scam.

• Pr
      11th of Feb, 2010

I bought it and it did not cure anything. And then it was somehow deleted and it had to be downloaded and after the new download the key would not work. Fed up I tell you...fed up

• Ko