Red Box / felonious charges

United States, Kansas, Wichita Review updated:
Red Box
At McDonalds E.47th St
Several weeks ago I rented a couple of movies from the scam box, I returned them on time.Today there was a 50.00 charge on my account for 2 dvd's. I had noticed a lot of 1.06 charges on my account repetedly! We used a lot of the free dvd rental coupons yet still I keep seeing the charges.I reread the coupon .Yes, they are SUPPOSE to be free, with 1.00 charges occuring after the first day.I thought" Oh well it's only a dollar." This happened several times -again, one dollar for one day. No. big deal; The kids enjoyed it.Then my friends said "hey those FREE coupons you gave us for FREE DVD rentals on McDonalds products charged us too.Explaining my outrage to a coworker after coming from the bank today, he nodded" Yep did the same thing to me, after about 3 months of renting they charged me for movies I returned that they say I never did !I called their number an incopitent beotch answered the phone, agreed to credit my account for 25.00 and would have to look at the inventory which may take 5-7 days! Well Scam box doesn't know it, but their going to give me all my money back !!!

A  11th of Jul, 2009 by
Redbox is a serious con. Do not book online as they will state that you have till the next day to pick up but will charge you for 2 days. Appartently you need to read the fineprint in prior checkout but for some ODD reason, they omit that from their final screen which only lets you know that you will be charged $1 and you have until the following day to pick it up. What a con.. Lots of crap reps.
N  31st of Aug, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Redbox recently charged a multitude of customers in the NE Oklahoma area fraudulently - they duplicated charges dating back a month. This was noticed by many customers on August 27th, 2009. I had six charges that I had previously been charged for. They have caused many residents in our area to incurr overdraft fees on their bank accounts and they are not taking responsibility. It was taking customers anywhere from 45 min. to 2 hrs. to reach a representative at Redbox and then second attempts were met by a recording that all circuits were busy. They admitted they made an error to many customers until they were informed that they caused overdraft fees to occur, they then became completely uncooperative and refused to fix the mess they have created. I hope more people will report what has happened to them as we are planning on providing all of this information to the State Attorney General of Oklahoma and take legal action if necessary to get our money back! I would not use Redbox again if you were lucky enough to avoid this annoyance!

Redbox Automated Retail Logo Redbox Automated Retail