Real Canadian Superstore / pharmacy refusal to sell adult over the counter medication without care card

Hello,
I was in the Duncan Real Canadian Superstore this evening (November 25, 2017) getting some groceries. I stopped by the pharmacy to purchase some Exact acetaminophen with caffeine and codeine. The pharmacist asked me for my Care Card. I didn't know I would need it, so I didn't bring it with me. I told her I didn't have it and she told me that she couldn't sell it to me without it.
This is an over the counter medication. You do not need a prescription to purchase it. I told her this and she said that it was head office making this decision and she couldn't sell me any without my Care Card. I have purchased this item at Walmart in the past, so I called them to inquire, thinking that things have changed. Turns out that the Real Canadian Superstore has no right to refuse an over the counter medication to an adult, because you do not require a prescription to purchase it.
Because I was refused this item, my elderly neighbor got her groceries minus her medication. I had no time to drive out of my way to Walmart to purchase an item that lawfully should have been sold to me.
You have lost both me and my neighbor as customers.

Ca