Real Canadian Superstore

Posted: Dec 7, 2017 by

lack of cleanliness

Re store 1545

When I was in the store on November 30/17, I needed to use the washroom which is on a mezzanine. I noticed the panel where the elevator button is was extremely filthy. It appears to have not been cleaned for a very long time. When the elevator arrived and I stepped in, once again I hated to touch the button to take me upstairs because it was so very dirty. The button panels and the entire elevator car was terribly filthy, including the door. It appeared it had never been cleaned or at least not in a very long time. The bathroom itself was not bad. It appeared that someone had cleaned it fairly recently. The floor appeared to have been vaguely washed with a string mop as bits of the mop were torn off on stall edges and there was a lot of dirt where the big mop couldn't reach.
I was happy to take the stairs back down so I didn't have to touch the dirty button panel upstairs or in the elevator again.

The problem here is customer impression as well as health concerns. If a store that mostly sells food leaves this area so dirty, one has to wonder what effort is made in the rest of the store, especially where customers can't see. I know at times in the past I have gagged when opening the doors to the dairy where milk is kept, from the terrible smell of bad dairy products. I have also complained in the summer for the disgusting condition of the parking and cart areas outside, with dirty diapers squashed into the ground in front of the carts. At that time a man called a manager told me that the part time guy that does that works part time and had already finished for the day so there was nothing he could do. The next day I went back and nothing had changed.

The desirable resolution is to have this store pay some attention to the unsightly, unhealthy, and neglectful condition of the Superstore property at this location. I hope this is within your ability to see to it asap.
Complaint comments Comments (0) Complaint country Canada Complaint category Food

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree