Real Canadian Superstore / click & collect

Calgary, AB, Canada Review updated:

I've been ordering from Superstore Click and Collect for over a year now and never really had any major issues, however, I picked up an order at the Signal Hill Superstore in Calgary on Saturday, May 12th and had a handful of problems!

First off as you can see by the pictures, I bought fresh ravioli that they gave me with the same expiry date as the day I picked up my order with a 30% off sticker. As you can see, I opened it and there was mold all over the ravioli! I had to go to work and did not have the time to return it. I think it's terrible they chose to unload that on me when I'm expecting to receive FRESH items when using click and collect. I was not aware I had to make special instructions for the shoppers not to pick moldy expired products for me.

Secondly, when I called to pick up my order, the guy on the phone asked if I wanted to put it on the card on file. I said no, I would like to pay debit. He repeated again "so..card on file?" I said no I would like you to bring out the debit machine which they have always done in the past at the other location where I frequent the most. When the lady brought out the order she handed me the receipt and when I asked where's the debit machine, all she said was "Well, it went through". I said I did NOT want card on file and she just looked at me and said it went through sorry. Whatever, I wasn't going to argue I guess...

Then as she was handing me the bags to load into the trunk she had almost two full boxes of frozen goods that they didn't bag! I said "did you guys run out of bags too?" She said "yeah I don't know" and proceeded to unload over 12 large frozen items loosely in my trunk. I couldn't fit them in the other bags if I tried because those were already stuffed so full they were on the verge of breaking. Long story short, I had 2 young children in the car and now a ton of loose frozen items to haul in my arms back home along with the rest.

To top it all off, I chose to pick up on a Saturday and had to pay a $5 fee for the worst experience I've ever had with online grocery. No one was apologetic for making the mistake of going against my payment request or throwing 3 bags worth of loose products in my trunk. Then I go to make the $9 pasta the very next day and I see that it was already a day expired and moldy.

There's been many little hiccups I've had along the way with Superstore and just swallowed those but this is seriously the last straw. I would rave to family and coworkers how wonderful and convenient this service is but after this experience, it really does not seem worth it at all!!

• Updated by Melissa J Beamish, May 17, 2018

You're [censored]. The whole point of click and collect is to phone the order in and be in the car WITH THE KIDS while they bring it. Also hense the complaint of hauling both kids back to the house with the loose groceries... go [censored] yourself.

• Updated by Melissa J Beamish, May 17, 2018

I apologize, the update is meant to be a reply to the [censored] who is apparently reporting me to CPS for stepping out of my car and leaving my kids unattended to open the trunk for the click & Collect people to put groceries in haha wow.

Me
May 16, 2018

Comments

• Pe
      May 22, 2018

Paret did not report you to CPS. He just posted that to troll. He is a known troll on this site with many accounts. He just posted that to get a reaction from you.