Readers Digest / Fake Checks

1 Harmony RoadBloomington, IN, United States Review updated:
Phone: 8123812282

The letter you recieve Will say it's from Readers Digest but it is'nt It is fake.
The Check that comes with it will be written to you for what ever amount mine was for 3, 797.06 it said to be from their insurance company to use for lawyer fees and so forth so you can recieve your actual winnings mine was $255, 069.00. The check company name said it was from HiLite International Broadway, Carrollton Texas (usa) I followed up on the address through the net this is a automotive tech company. Then I called the bank listed on the check whitch said National city Bank Asland Ohio The bank ran the account number on the check it was not there, then they ran the company name and they have a warning on these fake checks it is under investigation. So Please every one check out the check before you deposite it because these scammers are wiping out your accounts and overdrawling your accounts.
Thanks to Complaint Board I did my own Investigation
before I deposited the check The Bank told me to shred the check it is now recycle.

Comments

4th of Apr, 2009

I just got (almost) the same thing in the mail. It is obviously bogus, upon careful reading, but very well-executed in contrast to the more familiar email scams from displaced heiresses, etc. I heartily applaud your diligence in contacting the bank.

The plain white envelope, no return address, mailed in Canada is a good tip-off that this is not from either Atlanta or Dallas. Here's a wonderful irony: the postmark says "Fraud - Prevent it!" (also in french!) That postmark seems to include a canadian postal code--perhaps V6B 1Z1 which is downtown Vancouver near the public library.