RCA Scenium

Posted:

Customer Service at RCA is crap!

I purchased a RCA Scenium, model: hd 50lpw175 on 12/03/05.

On September 22nd, 2006 (9 months later) the screen went blank.

I called for service from Best Buy since I purchased warranty from them for 4 years of in-home service.

Best buy suggested I call RCA instead since it’s under a year it’s still under the manufacturer’s warranty.

I called RCA and was given A.I.D Audio and T.V (closest location to me) number to call for servicing.

I called A.I.D and they gave me the earliest appointment they had which would be 1 ½ weeks later on October 3rd.

Well October 3rd, no one showed up or called so I called them and there was no answer. They were obviously closed due to the Jewish Holiday of Yom Kippur.

I called on the fourth and they were still closed so I called RCA who apologized and gave me the number for 3 more service centers……none of which come to my location. I called back RCA and was given another 2 numbers to call, One spoke no English and the other doesn’t come “out that far, honey”. Yes, you guessed it, I called back RCA and again they apologized and we decided to just order the lamp and replace it our selves…simple enough…right...wrong!.

I gave my CC info and the order was placed. Well 6 business days later I call up to see more or less when my order would arrive and guess what? The agent placed the order incorrectly and they do not want to re-order so I won’t be double-charged. Needless to say at this point I wanted it re-ordered and overnighted. However, it seems they are not able to over night items even at my expense, I’m willing to pay at this point.

But the “Supervisor” Neil, who had promised earlier to overnight it, backed down from his word and claimed he never said that.

Of course, after dealing with the incompetence of these Customer service reps, I wasn’t surprised to find that he (Supervisor) wasn’t a man of his word.

Customer Service at RCA is CRAP!!!!! Without CUSTOMER”S they wouldn’t have a company, and if this is the way they treat their customers (myself and others on this board) they won’t be a company sooner rather than later.

P.S I called their Consumer Dept to file a complaint and they are as bad if not worst than the customer service reps themselves.

As someone who works in the customer service field, I am APPALLED.

Thx for letting me vent.

It’s October 18, 2006 and I still have 6 more business days for the part to arrive IF it was entered correctly this time.
Complaint comments Comments (1) Complaint country United States Complaint category Consumer Electronics

Comments

A  10th of Apr, 2007 by    0 Votes
RCA sucks! My husband and I received a 32' tv as a wedding gift Sept. 23. Six months later we went to turn on the tv and nothing happened, it wouldn't turn on. I called RCA about our warranty. i was told everything would be covered and they referred me to a service center. The service center picked up the tv and two weeks later it was fixed, but the service center told me that RCA would only cover parts. So i called RCA they told me that parts were covered for 1 year and labor was 90 days. That would have been fine if I was told that to begin with. I was told everything would be covered. The people that bought the tv for us also purchased an extended warranty through Wal-Mart. RCA told me specifically not to use the Wal-Mart warranty because everything would be covered through them. WRONG! They argued with me over then finally agreed that everything would be taken care of all I had to do was call consumer relations. Keep in mind this was a two hour phone call. So i get the number for consumer relations and guess what they are closed. Customer Service is evidently a Monday through Friday 8-5 job! That's Crazy! It was Friday so I had to wait until Monday to call them. I call on Monday and they tell me they won't cover the labor after I was told that everything would be taken care. What made me mad was that if they had told me that everything wouldn't be covered in the first place I could have went through Wal-Mart and it would have been covered through the extended warranty. So after many hours on the phone once again they agreed to pay $80 on the labor. The labor was only $90 so i didn't understand why they couldn't pay another $10. This is a multi-million dollar company and you can't pay another $10 to settle a customer service issue. I myself have worked in Customer Service all my life and i could never imagine putting someone through some much crap and then give them attitude over the phone. I told them It's not my fault that your rep didn't know the parts were not covered and it's not my fault that RCA can't make a tv that will last longer than 6 months. So why should I have to pay a cent. That's why you buy warranties in the case of this, so much for that. Needless to say we still haven't got our tv back it's still in the shop and it's been a month now. I agreed to finally pay the $10 so I could get our tv back. Now I have to wait another week. We see how that goes heard that once already! Every rep I talked to was so rude and I got hung up on twice and had to wait on hold for 30 minutes just to get back through just to have a guy tell me I can take or leave and that he was going to hang up on me! What kind of customer service is that! I have never in my life had such an experience this bad!! I had ask to speak with a supervisor and was told they were unavailable to call back in an hour. so i call back in an hour and she was still unavailable. They would not let me speak to anyone, I asked for corporate office number and was told there wasn't one. Hello I'm not stupid, what business has all Indians and no chiefs!!! I want to scream at the whole world DO NOT BUY ANYTHING RCA THEY SUCK!!! I know I never will.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree