Raymour & Flanigan / arrogance and rudeness towards the customers

Raymour & Flanigan
43 Hutton Avenue, Nanuet, N.Y. 10954

On Sunday evening, May 6, 2008 my husband and I entered the above Raymour & Flanigan store located in Nauet, New York to buy a bedroom set with mattress/box spring. Additionally, we decided to purchase a small sofa, all of which was fully paid for with a credit card. At that time, our salesman was courteous and helpful in selection additional needs for a home we are in the process of refurbishing. We were told, "your furniture can be delivered in two to three days." We answered, "no, please deliver our furniture next Friday because our floors are being refinished." The delivery should have been Friday, May 18th.

Wednesday, May 9th a call was received, from their warehouse, on our answering machine to confirm a delivery of our furniture on Friday, May 11th. The call was returned and told the delivery service the date was incorrect, we had requested this furniture to be delivered next Friday, one week later. The confusion was not explained, however, the service representative replied, it was not a problem and the delivery would take place next week as prior scheduled.

The problem started with our sales representative's phone call. He started with an argument directed at making us take position of the furniture on May 11th; what was reiterated the date of delivery was incorrect, whereupon he became belligerent, rude and arrogant in his attempts to pressure us to take position of the furniture. This sales representative raised his voice with obvious annoyance attempting to impose his will in delivering this furniture. This conversation was terminated and an additional phone call was made to cancel the entire order. A fex was sent with cancel across the order with specific complaints. Additionally, a store visit was made with sales slip to cancel order in person.

I will never attempt to buy anything from this company again, their arrogance and rudeness was enough to make me weary of their products and service.

Sincerely.

Robert and Brenda Harris

Comments

• Mo
      27th of May, 2010

I agree completely!
    My husband and I received our income tax refund last year and went to Raymour & Flanigan in Garden City on Old Country Rd. to purchase a new living room set.
    Same scenario- salesman was courteous while we were there selecting the furniture, he agreed to give us the throw blanket which was on display with the furniture we were buying. (Sorry I did not think to get it in writing!) We left a small cash deposit, and returned the next week with cash to pay for the entire set.
    After paying the entire balance in full, I threw the salesman a $20.00 bill as a courtesy. His comment to me was something to the effect that "Wow now I'll be able to buy a round of coffee for everyone."
    To add insult to injury, he reniged on the throw blanket, denied ever promising it to me, and had the brass balls to offer selling it to me for the exhorbant price of $75.00 ! All this after I just made a cash purchase of over $1, 500!!!
    The delivery men were alright, one was totally nice the other was sour and rude in the begining about removing the old furniture set outside for us, but $$$ seems to access you to all languages.
    The furniture is not very well made and we are deeply sorry we bought it.
    Bottom line, will never buy anything from this company ever again!!